0 identified, analyser not always analysing, how to update Roon? (1.2, b165)

My harddisk recently died, so I had to recopy all my songs to a new harddisk.

Now I have two problems.

1. the Analyzer is not working properly. After leaving it overnight (8 hours), this is what I see:

1. the identifier is even worse. I’ve already reinstalled Roon once, selecting a new core and all, and this is what I see:

What should I do? It’s really annoying to see a constant spinner, and all the info about my tracks are all gone now.

One more piece of info. I pick “Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories”, click “identify”, and Roon comes up with nothing. I’m sure this is not normal…

Hi @Jason_Teo ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. In order to better evaluate this issue you’ve experienced can you please provide the following information:

1. Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Please describe your network configuration/topology, providing insight into any networking hardware you are implementing in your setup.

-Eric

What version of Roon you are running : 1.2, (build 165) 64 bit

What operating system you are running (Windows 10 on client, Windows 7 SP1 on Roon Server)

Basic information about the device you’re using (MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc). i7, 2.4ghz CPU, 24gb ram on Roon Server.

Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below)
Music is stored on harddisk attached to Router via USB. Using D-link 868L, latest firmware.

Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks). 22000

PS, this was all working before my harddisk failed. It is not working on the new one… Not using Tidal. All music files.

One final thing. Even manually typing in ‘Daft Punk’ and ‘Random Access Memories’ turns up nothing. I’d wager I can’t connect to Roon’s metadata…

I left Roon overnight, not a single file got analysed. This morning tried to turn off and on, works again.

But again, none of my songs are identifiable. I’ve also reinstalled Roon, reinstalled my router firmware, put my Roon Server on DMZ mode (dangerous, but I wanted to remove firewalls as an issue). Now what?

Today this message popped up. Maybe that’s the issue? Please let me know how to update to the latest version of Roon, when I click ‘about’ it says Version 1.2 (build 165), and claims I have the latest version installed.

Thanks!

No replies, so I took things into my own hands, moved the harddisk to my other router. All is fine now.

Hi @Jason_Teo ----- My apologies for the slow response, glad to hear you figured this out :clap: :+1: Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues and I’ll be glad to help.

-Eric

Ok so now there are a final 35 songs that defy analysis, roon says “Analysing 0/35” and keeps spinning. How do I fix this?

Hey @Jason_Teo – my recommendation for the moment would probably be to disable analysis, and see if things pick up again when you re-enable it.

If that doesn’t work, I would sit tight. We are aware of some issues in the analysis code you’re using, but we’ve opted to re-write analysis from the ground up for our upcoming 1.3 release.

I don’t have a firm timeline on when it will be released, but it should be by the end of the year. Our new analysis code should yield much better results, but it will require your library to be re-analyzed, which is why I wouldn’t worry about this too much for now.