Adding new files - Roon loses files and rescans [Resolved - Removing switch and link aggregation]

Hi @ronfint ----- Thank you for the feedback. A few things are jumping out at me right off the bat. I am going to break my suggestions down into two parts, addressing the switch and configuration you are using (i.e link aggregation).

The first being the switch you are implementing (Netgear GS108Tv2), if I am not mistaken this is a managed switch, correct?

• I would confirm that JUMBO frames are NOT active on this switch as you have already confirmed that they are not active on the NAS.

• We have seen issues in the past with managed switches causing issues in networ configurations. I would try enabling flow control, as it has helped others in the past. More information on what flow control is can be found here.

Second, is that you are using the switch in a bond via link aggregation.

• I would consider, temporarily of course, testing without using the link aggregation.

• Furthermore, and this has more so to do with the NAS, can you confirm that you are using an SMB 3 mount.

Lastly, you mentioned the following:

“Last night I added 8 more 24/192 albums that I digitized, but the problem did not reoccur, and all is still well.”

Was anything done differently or reconfigured to help yield a different result here or were things the same as they have been? Just trying to understand what was different that time around.

-Eric