Andoid app cannot connect to Roon (timeout)

I have two phones running different version of Android with the Roon app installed. My Roon server is a Windows 10 high end desktop with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC direct connected via USB.

The app works fine as soon as Roon is restarted, and works fine during a listening session. When I use Roon the following day, none of my remote apps works. I first have to restart Roon on the PC. If the phone is off for say 30 minutes or so (while listen to a complete album), Roon first has to be restarted on the PC for the remotes to connect.

All the apps and server are the latest releases. All the machines are on the same local LAN. Works fine, until the apps timeout and I have to restart Roon.

Any ideas?

Hey @Thomas_Lee – can you give us the details of your network, as described here?Also, what are the Android devices?

And finally, when you’re in this state:[quote=“Thomas_Lee, post:1, topic:26529”]
When I use Roon the following day, none of my remote apps works. I first have to restart Roon on the PC.
[/quote]

Does Roon work as expected on the desktop? Are other devices (say a laptop, or an iPad) able to connect at this point?

1 Like