Apple Server Crash [Resolved]

I’ve got Roon Core running on an Apple Server, El Capitan. After a few hours, the server is sort of crashed: The server is running but the menu is gone and whatever I do, I cannot control the machine and Roon clients cannot find the Core. A forced restart is what it takes.
If I don’t start Roon, the server runs without problems.
I have the Merging Ravenna Driver installed.
Does anyone have problems similar to this?

Cheers
Per

Just tagging @support.

Hi @Per_Sjosten ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help me better evaluate this behavior you’re reporting to us may I kindly ask you to please provide the details of your setup as seen here.

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

Hello!

I’ve just discovered that this might not be a Roon problem after all. I will dig deeper and see if there is some kind of version conflict between OS X (10.11.6) and the Ravenna Virtual Audio Device driver from Merging - latest build.

I’ve installed the Roon Core on a Mac Mini Server with a 2 GHz i7 processor and 4 gB RAM. Intel HD Graphics 3000. I have a Thundebolt-to-network adapter that connects directly to my Hapi and I usually map the 8 analog outputs first and then the headphone (becomes ch 9-10). The server is also connected using the built-in network connector to the network in my house and a WiFi router.

I wanted to have the Roon Core on the server, since that machine is always running.

I am an audio engineer/producer and I have the Dropbox folder on an external USB drive. When I produce a new mix, I put that into the Dropbox and then I can listen to it with Roon in many places in the house (even on my Sonos system). The audio files are usually in the FLAC format, but sometimes MP3/AAC. Sampling frequencies up to DXD, or DSD256.
Stereo and 5.1.

I’ll see what I can find out about the Ravenna driver and get ack.
Cheers
Per

1 Like

Hi @Per_Sjosten ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my question. Both are appreciated!

I will be on the look out for your feedback in regard to the Ravenna drive :sunglasses:

-Eric

Hi.

I think the problem is solved. And it wasn’t the Ravenna driver :slight_smile:
I had an old driver från Digidesign on the machine and that was apparently causing trouble.
Now it works flawlessly.
So far :slight_smile:
I’m so happy about Roon…
Cheers
Per

1 Like

Hi @Per_Sjosten ---- Thank you for the feedback, glad to hear that you were able to identify the issue here :thumbsup: :clap: Happy listening!

-Eric