Cannot favorite (click the heart)[Ticket in]

Hi Nick,

Is it still occurring for you? This is a bug that’s hard to reproduce.

It can be fixed by restarting the Roon app. *** but don’t do it yet!

@mike might want to get logs from you.

Let us know if it’s still occurring.

Cheers, Greg

yes, been happening this evening on both IOS and PC so let me know what you need me to do - won’t be until tomorrow now though.

I will leave the apps open overnight

The one thing that occurred to me was whether this was linked to whether a track was a ‘pick’ with a tick against it or not, but I haven’t specifically tested this yet

This one is vexing. I’ve seen it maybe 5 times in 18 months, but it’s definitely real, and I don’t have any idea how to make it happen.

@Nick_Stamp – if you’re seeing this pretty frequently, please let me know whatever details you can about your setup, your usage patterns, the order in which the various devices start up, how you use profiles, etc – anything that will help us reproduce this consistently.

I doubt logs will help in this case, but if you’re in this state, send a PM to @support and we’ll gather some logs. Thanks!

Thx guys, I found a way how to reproduce. Ticket is in.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I am finding clicking on the favorite icon only works 10% of the time for me. Most of the time it does not change color. This is mostly done at a Roon remote (MacBook Pro). I can click 20 times and it still stays white. Have no idea if I’m banning any of these tracks.
I need this to work because this will be my way around Roon not reading my meta data (5 star ratings)

Hey @Frank_DeMello – we’ve found a few cases for when this happens on the Now Playing/Queue screen. Is that where you’re having this issue, or is it happening somewhere else?

If it’s somewhere else, can you describe your full setup, and whether you’re able to reproduce this issue after a fresh restart of all your devices (including your Core and any devices running as remotes). Thanks!

Hi Mike - correct. This happens in the Playing Now/Queue screen. Mostly noticed on the Roon remotes but also have seen on the core. The key is this happens when playing music. I have had success using the favorite button on the Core with nothing playing

Core on iMac (content on USB drive)>Roon remotes (iPad & MacBook Pro). PS Audio DirectStream Dac Jr

@Frank_DeMello ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response. I wanted to let you know, that based on your observations:

“This happens in the Playing Now/Queue screen.”

you appear to be having the same issue as the users above. A ticket is in with our developers to have this issue fixed and once we have a set time when the fix should go live, we will update this thread. We appreciate the insight and most importantly your patience.

-Eric

I looked in the queue display, and saw a heart symbol for the current track. I clicked on it, and it filled in solid and then immediately cleared again, indicating the favorite marking didn’t take.

But looking in the album, it did take, the track was marked with a heart. But the current track display malfunctioned.

(And there was another display where it also malfunctioned, but I don’t remember where…)

Hi Anders,

Moved your post. See above.

Cheers, Greg

Any update on this?
I am presuming the behaviour I see where in a playlist I click on a Tidal track to favorite it - the icon doesn’t change but if I go to the actual album display it is shown as a favorite.
Playlist view

Album view

I just noticed this (with the latest build), if I click the heat at the bottom of the screen, it marks the track as “like” in the track list but doesn’t show this status change in the “task bar” and any subsequent clicks on the heart fail to change the “like” status of the track. this is on the OSX client.

@ged_hickman1 and @John_Mason ------ Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are looking into it :microscope:

-Eric

I hope you guys are still sleeping, eating with the 1.3 support avalanche.

Just noticed this today with 1.3 build 200. When I click on the heart at the bottom bar, nothing happens. The hear will light up white for a split second then go back to unfilled. When I have the album open I do not see any status change of the heart in the track list.

Also i notice the status of the heart in the track list is not displayed in the bottom bar. This may be because I clicked the heart in the album view after I started the album.

We’ve been chasing this bug for a long time, but we still don’t have consistent reproduction steps. :frowning:

@tboooe @ged_hickman1 @John_Mason - can you guys confirm this goes away if you restart your Remote and your Core? Or is this persistent for you guys?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t favorite TIDAL tracks in a playlist

Restarted coreserver and OSX client and now can’t reproduce problem. Will keep trying and then see if the logs show anything.

Sometimes when I favorite from the Queue “now playing” the heart doesn’t stay highlighted.

When I go to the Album of favored track I see that it’s highlighted.

It works but it doesn’t.

Hi Donald,

I moved your post here. This has been an elusive bug to track down.

Try restarting your core and remotes and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers, Greg