Connection to Audio Device - No Response? [Resolved]

After updating to latest version per prompt, roon core is not connecting to audio device - “DeviceInitFailed” error message

Hi @harry_masoni ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. In order to accurately evaluate this issue I’d like to get a better understanding of the gear you are working with. May I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. Can you please provide a detailed description of your setup, as seen here. The more specific and detailed you can be, the better.

2. Can you please describe your network configuration. I would like to get a sense of how your devices/equipment are communicating (wifi, ethernet cable, both)? Also, can you please confirm if any network hardware is being used in your current setup (router(s), repeaters, extenders, powerline adaptors, switches). If you are able to provide the make and model of any of these devices, that would be great information to have as well :sunglasses:

3. Do you have any active firewalls or anti-virus applications currently?

Thanks!
-Eric

Eric - thanks very much for getting back to me. I can provide all the information you requested, but i think i might have found the culprit. So as no to bother you too much, let me ask you the following:

Does the USB output from the Server (which connects to the device to be enabled - in this case a Stahltek usb/i2s converter - need to be powered for Roon to “Enable” the connection?? I have found out after trouble shooting this morning, that the audio out USB ports of my Server seem to be dead. I found this out when i tried to connect my Server using a monitor and wireless USB keyboard/mouse to troubleshoot. The keyboard and mouse would not function and i tried with a wired mouse and found it to not be powered when plugged into the usb port on the Server.

So i think this whole problem is not a problem with Roon “Enabling” the Audio Device, but its trying to enable a device connected to a port which is malfunctioning. Does that make sense??

Hi @harry_masoni ---- Thank you for the follow up and sharing your observations with me.

“So i think this whole problem is not a problem with Roon “Enabling” the Audio Device, but its trying to enable a device connected to a port which is malfunctioning. Does that make sense??”

This does indeed make sense and I would suggest trying another USB port that you know is functioning correctly. If you change ports, and you know the new one is healthy, and it still does not work, let me know I will be glad to lend a hand with further troubleshooting.

Thanks!
-Eric