Devialet AIR streaming released!

Fantastic effort guys! Faultless installation and setup, and now, finally, my Original d’Atelier and Roon feel as if they are part of the same family. My lifetime sub 2 years ago was the best value I ever got from this hobby! Thanks a million.

1 Like

Dear Roon team,

You guys are just awesome. You just gave me a feature worth Christmas, Easter, and birthday presents for the next decades.

Just tested it with Ethernet connection and it worked flawlessly out of the box.

Also, it renders my current workaround solution obsolete as I was using a combination of Tasker, an IP to Serial device (100€) and some code just to automatically run the amp and roon automatically instead of starting different apps.

Just undescribably awesome what you did here for us Devialet expert owners.

Thanks again

Think the whole Devialet Community will embrace the Roon software and appreciate its features and convenience.

1 Like

I installed the update, and afterwards I found out that the Devialet now could be driven directly by Roon.

It is working great !!!. I allways used an MC200 as an endpoint, but this is sounding much better.

Thanks I hope it keeps on working, I read on the forum that there can be problems, but so far I noticed none.

Thanks again, Roon is really great software !!!

Wow!! Thanks guys - this integration is fantastic, was blown away with this update - the volume control, nice touch. Keep up the great work guys - I am always so impressed what you guys do in the R&D dept with limited resources and keep Roon at the forefront in terms of audio integration with so many third parties in terms of hardware out there! Again excellent work from the team at Roon.

Hi guys at Roon: Great job here! Now for the first time anyone with a Devialet amp can enjoy the full potential, even when they not happen to have a Windows computer. And of course with Windows many problems will disappear!

In the information display on the sound path it still says Air… To me that is the understatement of the year if not the decade! Please native English guys help me out: What is the air equivalent in big-bigger-best? :slight_smile:

Please bear in mind that the next part in this post is purely speculation from my side
but one can always hope

Devialet en Roon have been cooperating in realizing the Roon Air implementation, we more or less got that confirmed.
The advantage for Roon is obvious here, even if at the time the Devialet streamer board eventually appears its significance will diminish somewhat. Somehow that board looks less interesting at this moment, but:
What is in it for Devialet? Could it be support from Roon for the firm/software for this board?

That would mean a board where the hardware is created by some of the best in audio hardware
With software created by some of the best in audio software
That might result in a combination made in audio heaven :slight_smile:

rdok

Whomever put in the effort and hard work for getting this integration sorted out … I have no words to thank you.

If ever anyone from Roon and Devialet end up on South African shores, you have a standing invite for dinner and plenty of wine :wink:

The board adds more processing power to the Devialet, meaning even we at Roon can do more with it.

AIR support in Roon gives Devialet customers what they want… and Roon would really like the board to be Roon Ready. In that case, Roon users will want the board even if you already have AIR.

1 Like

This also answers the point I raised at Devialet 'RoonReady' - or not as things stand at the moment

1 Like

Yup, that about sums me up. Hoping Devialet don’t make us badger them for another year… not sure I’ve got the energy…:sleeping:

we won’t:wink:

1 Like

A big thank you to the Roon team: the integration of Devialet AIR is both visually pleasing and technically sound.

However, I do experience a few cracks and noises in the playback which I don’t have when using the AIR driver on the Mac Mini hosting the RoonServer thread.

For the moment, I reverted to the previous Roon > AIR driver > Ethernet configuration, waiting for a software update before giving this feature another try.

Best regards,

Arnaud

Yoahan, I see you made a comment recently on the Devialet support system. So, I assume you’re a Devialet employee?

If so, firstly thanks for your efforts in trying to interact with us. Can you say any more?

Sounds more and more interesting. Using a Linn Akurate DS at the moment to stream from my NAS and Qobuz Sublime to my Devialet Expert 400 might steer me towards trying Roon. I was thinking about buying an Aurender N10 for even better sound quality than the Linn, but not so sure anymore.

What would I need to get Roon working? I just have a NAS running Minimserver, the Devialet and the Linn in my setup right now.

Check out the KB for Roon capable NASes. Unless you get lucky, you just need any computer capable of running Roon - i.e. A win/Mac/Linux box.

Thanks Steve. My MacBook pro doesn’t have a network connection. Just wifi, but will try it out to see if it works. Not sure what the Infinity Core will add anymore if this works out except for maybe Qobuz integration which is a big thing for me.

Start with wifi but just bear in mind that with Roon the ‘Core’ has to pull from your NAS and send to the Devialet, so it may stress your wifi. If it works at least you can see if you like it. If not, just grab a cheap USB/Ethernet dongle.

Things could get quite confusing. We now have Devialet AIR (what we’re used to calling the AIR virtual soundcard thingy), and Roon’s AIR (or is it Roon’s Devialet AIR?). Plus the brain of the Roon setup is ‘the Core’ and now Devialets new streamerboard is called the ‘Core Infinity’. Perhaps there’s something they’re not telling us! :grin:

Good of Devialet and Roon to give us a few months to experiment. I think I will wait until the holidays to activate the trial period. Need to read up a lot before I try. Bit dazzled at the moment.

Hi Steve,

it is not quite company policy to communicate here, or at all in any sort of community, so for the moment I will keep it that way and i’ll try to change it.

All i can say is we are working on many exiting projects at the moment, can’t wait to announce them when time due.

2 Likes

Well, yes, we had gathered! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Definitely time for a change - and Roon and the Core Infinity are the perfect opportunity to do it. I can’t tell you how welcome it would be, by the whole Devialet community - we’ve got so many questions to ask and a lot of excitement about Devialet tech to share.

Anyway, bearing in mind your limitations, many thanks for letting us know you exist Yaohan, and that you care. It makes a real difference to see a more human side to Devialet.

Looking forward to the future, where hopefully we can chat with you guys more openly, and vice versa. Meanwhile, enjoying the Roon/AIR integration.

7 Likes