Issue loading my database

When I open Roon on my MacBook pro I receive the following message: “There was an issue loading your database.” Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi @Joshua_Turney – sorry for the trouble here. We can take a deeper look at this but can you first give me a few more pieces of information.

First, have you been using Roon for a while and generated information in your database you want to preserve? This would be if you’ve created playlists in Roon, done edits in Roon, generated play history, etc. If you haven’t done any of these in Roon yet, it may be easier to start fresh, but we’re happy to look into this further if you have information in your database you want to preserve.

Second, can you let me know the details of your setup, as described here?

Thanks!

Hi, I haven’t generated any playlists etc… so I wouldn’t be opposed to starting fresh. My setup is a MacBook pro as core and a iPad, iPhone 6s, and another macbookpro as remotes. Thanks for your help.

I/ve been using Roon since October '16 with no problem

Ok, if you don’t mind starting fresh, you can just delete or rename your database, which is a folder called Roon that’s located here.

Just note that you’ll need to configure things from scratch again. Also note that this is exceedingly rare for us, so our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

I deleted Roon from my computer What do I do now?

I just reinstalled Roon software and I’m getting the same message: trouble loading your database

Hey @Joshua_Turney – did you follow the instructions I linked above, to delete the Roon database folder?

Deleting the Roon application isn’t needed here, but you do need to delete the database, which you can find by following the link above. Let me know if I’m misunderstanding, ok?