Issues with Samsung Note 4 and Fritzbox Router

Is there a screen displaying a message during this time? Does it by any chance look something like this?:

Usually it says Lost Connection; Trying to reconnect… I still find the RoonRemote to be problematic at best, i’m really frustrated at the moment, can it ever be resolved i wonder?

If it’s constantly losing connection, what’s the quality of your wifi signal?

Sometimes it connects immediatley, then after some time it loses connection never to reconnect again, erratic is really the best word i can come up with. Wifi looks perfectly fine to me.

I’d check Wi-Fi signal quality using a suitable diagnostic tool regardless. What speed is your Wi-Fi network?

Thanks for the tip, at first glance it looked good enough, but further analysis suggests a better more stable WiFi channel. I’m happy again, at least i now know the root cause of the remote problems. Sorry for my behaviour earlier, it was not Roon it was me.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the resolution.

Russ

Back again, it’s still verry much hit and miss, tried different WiFi channels, without any change. I don’t understand.

I would really appreciate somekind of feedback, it’s mostly not working for me now.

Put atsupport where at= @ in your message

Russ

Put the message where?

@support, flagging for support.

@support

Regarding RoonRemote issues.

Hi @Niek_Jansen ---- Thank you for the feedback and flagging us down here. In order for me to accurately evaluate what could be causing this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. Please describe your network configuration / topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections possible. The more detailed you can be, the better.

2. Is this the only remote device you are having this issue with or are there other device experiencing the same behavior?

Furthermore, in regard to WiFi, while is is not required we do recommend using 802.11ac Wifi if possible for best performance as mentioned here by our CTO.

-Eric

1. From the top of my head, there’s a modem which is connected to a Fritzbox 7360 router(it also sends Wi-fi), which is connected to a networked switch, this then connects to some other appliances like a Desktop acting as Core, wired Sonos Connect as endpoint, Synology NAS serves my smallish audio collection. I’m also running a Chromecast 2nd gen and Chromecast Ultra which are used in wireless-mode, they don’t have issues by the way.

2. Samsung Note4, i don’t have trouble surfing the web, watching youtube Netflix etc.

There’s not much i can do about the router do, handed out via ISP.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Niek_Jansen ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Can you please verify the make and model of the network switch being used?

-Eric

About the switch its a Conceptronic 5 port gigabit ethernetswitch(CGIGA5A), also disabled my Samsung TV Wi-Fi option it should not interfere anymore i think. Thank’s again.

Hey Niek –

FWIW: I have the same ISP-provided FritzBox. It’s a fine router (still handles all routing & DHCP on my network), but I disabled Wireless as I found it weak and unreliable (I use an Airport Express for WiFi duty). Just adding my 2 cts…

Hey @Niek_Jansen – we’re happy to look into this further, but the issues you’re describing can often be traced to unreliable WiFi as @RBM mentioned, and @Eric and I have noticed a number of issues lately with these same FritzBox wireless devices.

This is not to say we’re going to leave you to resolve this on your own – there’s absolutely more we can do to look into this issue for you, and we’ll work with you until it’s stable.

That said, if the issue is the Wifi, spending time on anything else isn’t going to be productive. Is there anyway you can try this on different WiFi? Another router? A friend’s network with the same Note 4? Laptop + phone at a coffee shop, anything like that?

Well there’s something i find curious regarding the RoonRemote behaviour, RM seems having trouble reaching my Core which is located on my desktop, so far iv’e told you nothing new, and then there’s the Sonos native app with which i have never experienced any connection issues whatsoever. Sonos connected wired to my Fritz! by the way.

Thanks in advance Mike.