"Lost Connection" Once or Twice per Day[Solved. Bad ethernet cable]

Hi @support
I’ve got a Roon server latest build running on Windows 2012 r2 in core server mode.
I’ve assigned a static IP to the server, but have tried it both with static and with DHCP and get the issue either way.
Once or twice per day, I can no longer access the server with any of the remotes and get the “Lost Connection” message.
I can’t access it again until I reboot the server. And then after a few hours … rinse and repeat.
I can successfully ping the server from the other devices and the router still sees it in the list of attached devices.
Your help will be most appreciated as this severely limits the convenience of Roon for me. (My subscription will be coming up soon and I’d like to get this resolved before I renew).
Thanks,
Kyle

Hi, @Kyle_Fieleke, thanks for the report. Could you please describe your setup as it asked here (network, etc)?

Thanks!

Ivan

Running Roon version 1.4 latest build (298)
Windows 2012 Essentials R2 in Core Server Mode
Intel NUC (NUCi3BNH) w SSD and 2GB RAM
Audiophile Optimizer Installed
Running music from the SSD and from Tidal
Small library of only 3637 tracks
Network
• I am using a Netgear Orbi setup with 1 main unit (router) and 1 satellite.
• An unmanaged switch between the router and the audio devices
• The NUC server is hardwire connected to the switch via ethernet.
• A microRendu endpoint is hardwire connected to the switch via ethernet
• 2 Apple airplay device endpoints are connected to the network by wifi.

Thanks for the description, @Kyle_Fieleke ! Could you please send us logs? I will contact you via PM with more details.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @support - I think I had a bad ethernet cable between the router and the switch. I replaced it and now have not had a dropped connection for several days.

1 Like