Many pops and clicks [Resolved - Switched Router to 5ghz Network]

Hi @Todd_Sevig ----- Thank you for confirming that for me, your continued feedback is very appreciated.

Based on all of this information we have gathered from the tests you’ve performed, this behavior would indicate that there is a bottle neck occurring somewhere when the MacBook (Roon bridge) is communicating with the network via WiFi. As soon as you mounted the OPPO DAC directly to the core machine (iMac) the issue went away.

Moving forward, the only way to truly confirm this will be to try with a hardwired connection to the MacBook from the Airport Extreme. I understand that this type of network troubleshooting can be tedious at times but we’ve found that the most effective method for addressing these types of situations is to remove complexity from the chain of communication until it is at it’s bare minimum, then slowly add the “links” back in to determine where things are succeeding and where they are failing.

Lastly, and this is just something to consider. Our CTO Brian wrote up an excellent community post addressing Wifi and network setups. Just some “food for thought” as we have seen issues with Airport extreme before.

Let me know what you think.
-Eric