Maximum number of "multiple versions"?

Hey @jsa307 – thanks for the report here. It certainly sounds like something is off here, and I’m sure if we can figure out a way to consistently reproduce this, it can be fixed. But we need to confirm the bug first, so let me take a second to explain the expected behavior first.

Roon will look for albums that have similar album and artist names, and the same amount of tracks. When we find albums that meet that criteria, two things happen:

• The albums are set as “duplicates” of each other, which is basically a link between the various albums, with one set as the “primary”
  • The secondary editions are set to “hidden” status, which means when the “hidden albums” feature is enabled, they wont be show in the various browser and details screens

So, if you have copies of these albums that have a different number of tracks from the other editions, I would expect those to not be grouped in with the other editions. What’s really surprising to me is the bolded part below:

What happens if you filter the album browser for these editions? If you filter for the exact album name, you still don’t see them in the album browser?

What happens if you switch on the option “Show Hidden Tracks”, find these two albums, and then in the Edit screen for these albums, choose Unhide Album? Any change?

Can you let me know a little more about how these albums are stored on disk? Are they each in their own folder? Can you give me the details of your storage setup, as described here?

Thanks!