"Metadata improver halted" message

Hello,
I have the following message indicated by a red triangle in the top right corner of Roon: “Metadata Improver halted. Roon needs a software update.”
I’m still able to add music content to my library by forcing a rescan but metadata is not identified (which seems logical according to the error message).
While I’m waiting for a new software update (when?), how can I rebuild my library from scratch?
I’m running Roon version 1.1 (build 70) on a dedicated headless Mac Mini (Core) connected via Ethernet to a NAS from Synology.
Best regards,
Arnaud

Hey @alphafox – can you click About in the Settings screen, and let me know what you see? I know you said you’re running Build 70, but I’d like to confirm both your Remote and your Core are fully updated.

Thanks!

Hello Mike,

Yes, I confirm both the Core and Remote on respectively the Mac Mini (El Capitan) and Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10) are running build 70.
Below, you’ll find two screenshots documenting the issue.
Best regards,
Arnaud

Hey @alphafox – we’re wondering if this could be due to a proxy or a firewall preventing Roon from communicating with our servers. Does that make any sense? Depending on where you’re located, it could also be a national firewall.

If you’re unsure, let me know and I can ping you a simple way to test whether your Core machine is able to communicate with our servers. Let me know and we’ll get this resolved for you. Thanks!

Hello @mike,
There’s been no change in term of proxy or firewall in my setup since July when I installed Roon for the first time. Again, my configuration was working perfectly well but since about a week metadata indexing doesn’t work anymore :confused:

Let me know when you could ping me as I live in France with at least a 6-hour time difference (assuming you’re on the East coast).

Best regards,

Arnaud

Ok, @alphafox – I’m going to follow up via PM and we’ll figure out what’s going on here.

Stand by!