Multichannel DSD files output at 2 channel to Oppo

Hello, just getting started with DSD and have downloaded several multichannel files. When playing them the signal path has them go through channel mapping to output 2 channel. I’ll try to post a screenshot.

How Can I avoid the channel mapping to get true multichannel DSD output?

Thankyou

Update.

Just got this from OPPO Tech support. If this is true I am unable to play multi channel DSD files from ROON through the OPPO. That would be a disappointment.

Any one else have experience with this?

“You would not be able to select multichannel as the player can only output two channel for Roon.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119”

Hi @George_Carlson ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this feedback with us.

Can you please provide me with a brief but accurate description of your setup using this link as a guide and furthermore, can you please verify that you have configured your settings in Roon to the recommendations made in our knowledge base article on multichannel playback?

-Eric

Oppo’s hardware has limitations with RAAT.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/oppo-udp-203-and-udp-205-now-roon-ready/30847/64?u=rugby

Weird - last night it played all the DSD files I through at it through ROON - it just down mixed them to two channels.

George, view your signal path. Because OPPO does not support DSD via RAAT, Roon decimated that DSD to PCM automatically for compatibility.

AJ

Ahhh right. I guess I have to plug into the usb drive to get true dsd?

One more question. Does the HQPlayer or JRiver use a different approach than RAAT that would feed the OPPO with DSD files that it could play? Just trying to find a way to stream from a NAS rather than having to plug in a USB drive.

Thanks,

George

Roon and its partners use proprietary RAAT. HQPlayer and its partners use proprietary NAA. Most other software and hardware use generic DLNA/UPnP, which Roon decided to eschew for technical reasons.

AJ