New audio renderer/zone in roon server

Hello,

I am new roon user, using the latest version on a Windows 10 64 bit. At teh beginning I installed and used roon standalone and was able to identify/create rendering zones for all available devices I own. Specifically, I was able to define a rendering zone for JPLAY Asio driver.
To my issue now: In fact , what I really wanted to set-up is a pure server environment which I also did by installing roon server. Controller app is the roon Android app. The problem I encounter is that I am not able to acces the device/renderer options anymore, concretely, not being able to creat a Jplay Asio zone, as the Jplay Asio driver is not visible.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,
Best regards,
Adrian

Is it an Android tablet or phone because I believe not all options are available on a phone interface. This is made worse by the fact smaller lower res tablets are treated like a phone.

Ahh, ok, this is interesting. It is indeed an Android phone. I do own alsao an iPad, but it is an older model and the iOS version doesn’t support roon.

On the other hand, some zones like the phone itself is visible…but this might the exception, as one zone should be default and it is probbaly the phone

Obviously the Roon people need to confirm but you are probably right. Using a laptop as a remote might offer more flexibility if you have one spare.

Hi @Adrian_Ciornei ---- Thank you for the report here. To help me better evaluate what you are asking may I very kindly ask you for the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here. I’d like to have a better idea of the equipment you are working with as well as the specs of those devices :sunglasses:

2. You mentioned the following in your post:

"The problem I encounter is that I am not able to access the device/renderer options anymore, concretely, not being able to create a Jplay Asio zone, as the Jplay Asio driver is not visible. "

Can you verify what was system that was able to find the JPlay zone previously and if there has been any changes to that system since (besides the addition of Roon).

-Eric

I run my Roon Server Core and a JRiver MC22 setup on the same Win10 PC and my remotes (including iph 6S+ and iPad) all see my JRiver ASIO setup in the Audio devices list.

Great feedback and pic! Thanks! This is exactly what I don’t get on my Android app…except for the first line.

Eric,
Thanks. I am on a trip until tuesday next week, so I will be able to return with all my details in a week or so.
I will let you know.
Regards, Adrian

1 Like

I have a couple of old android phones somewhere so I might just fire them up in wifi mode and see what plays out on the screens too…maybe they won’t show much info as they are a few years old now, but maybe worth a look from time to time

And oddly enough it’s showing MC21 which is odd…I have removed MC21 in the programs manager and will restart and see if that changes but it is MC22 that is running…wonder where that’s off the rails