Optical or RAAT/Wifi

Hi @Jeff_Ross — Thank you for the question and sharing your feedback with us. Both are appreciated.

Moving forward, I am still a bit “foggy” on what the question is here and in order for me to provide you with a thoughtful/informative answer, would you kindIy please provide me with the following:

1. An expanded and detailed description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Describe your network configuration/topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you are implementing. For example, such devices would include: routers, switches, repeaters, extenders, power line adaptors etc.

3. Please provide further insight into the mentioned audio zone that is being accessed via WiFi, that you’re considering using an optical connection with. Having the make and models of all the devices involved with this endpoint would be a great help.

4. In regard to this skipping behavior, during your troubleshooting of have you tried…

• Bypassing the mentioned endpoint and playing directly out of the device that is hosting your Ron core? If so, what was the experience like? My assumption (based on your post) is that the mentioned desktop PC is your core.

• Taking your Roon Core machine off of Wifi and testing with a hardwired connection directly to your router?

• When you notice this behavior do you find it is occurring more frequently when playing back a specific sample rate OR would you say this is more of a general performance problem?

-Eric