Problem with playing 192kz files

Hi,

i have Antipodes DX streamer and MSB analog dac. I use Antipodes coax out and not usb. I have problem with playing 192kz files. File plays for around 20s and than stops. And show this…
Sample rate is ok, converting from 192kz to 96kz because of using spdif input on MSB.

I need help.

ps: It plays normaly 192k with squeezelite so there is no problem with MSB or Antipodes DX.

Hi @Andrej_Moravec ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help me better evaluate this issue you are experiencing may I kindly ask you for the following information:

1. Please expand on the details of your setup as seen here. The more detail you can provide the better :sunglasses:

2. Can you verify you have always encountered this issue when playing 192kz content?

-Eric

-I am running 1.2(build 165)stable(64 bit)
-operating system is Linux
-i am using Antipodes DX music server
-music is stored on DXs SS hard drive (1T samsung 850)
-i have around 2000 tracks for now

So i have MSB analog dac using SPDIF(coax) input

There is problem with playing 192kz files…

Andrej

Hi @Andrej_Moravec ---- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback. Moving forward can you please confirm that the MSB analog DAC’s firmware is up to date as per MSB’s website.

Furthermore, can you please provide a description of your network configuration/topology, providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing (routers, switches, repeaters, extenders, etc). Having the make and models of these devices would be of great help as well. I would like to get a complete picture of what the “chain” of communication looks like between your devices.

Lastly, can you please provide screenshots of all audio settings (accessible from the small gear on the Audio tab of Settings) as seen in the examples below.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

• MSB is up to date
  • i am using wired conection from modem to Antippodes just for remote and not for streaming.

I cant find in audio settings playback and general…just this…you can see on picture…

Yes and i forgot to tell. This started when my girl played DSD file for around 20s(she did not know it does not work with spdif) and than stopped. After that we have this problem…

Andrej

Hi @Andrej_Moravec ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions.

Can you confirm for me if you have tried power cycling your equipment (Antipodes DX streamer and MSB DAC)? If not, may I kindly ask you to and see if there is a change in behavior.

-Eric

Hi,

sorry but i dont understand wht do you mean by “power cycling”?

Look with Squeezebox server works normal. No problem at all.

And before my girl played DSD, 192K files worked well.

Andrej

means restart the involved equipment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Andrej_Moravec ---- Thank you for touching base and my apologies for any confusion here. As @Armin_Moesslacher has pointed out I would like you to please restart (power down, wait a few seconds, and power back up) your equipment (Antipodes DX streamer and MSB analog dac). Let me know how it goes.

-Eric

Hi,

still the same problem.

Andrej

Hi @Andrej_Moravec ---- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback. I’d like to gather some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look at what may be going on here. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Hi @Eric was there any solve for this. As I’m having the same 192 kHz problem with my Aries G2 connected to my Anthem AVM 60 via coax digital cable. No sound when playing 192khz. I have to downsample to 96 kHz to hear sound.
Thanks,
Eric