RaspberryPi connection issues [resolved]

@support Since upgrading both my RaspberryPi RoonBridge (to Version 1.0 build 64) and Roon (to Version 1.3 build 200) on a MacPro running macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.3) it is losing connection intermittently.

LAN or WLAN doesn’t make a difference. My Squeezebox Touch has no problems staying connected. Any suggestions?

Hello @xt_tidal,

Can you describe your setup + network topology in details, sue this FAQ article as a guide.

Also can you explain in details under what circumstances you are noticing this issue ?

Thanks

• Music is stored on the MacPro
  • Library is approx 15.000 titles, but it happens listening to Tidal also.

No “special” circumstances - did work before the updates without flaws, so I’m wondering. Let me know if you need any specific information.

Thanks!

Hey @xt_tidal,

I’m afraid that’s not enough to start troubleshooting. Please check this link and describe your setup and network topology in details.

How do you determine that the connection is lost ? For e.g. does RPI zone disappear during playback ? If so, do you get any errors?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I checked the link twice and I wouldn’t know what to add. The connection gets lost and after a while, the RPI reconnects. No error message. As a couple of other endpoints seem to have a similar problem I just thought I’ll let you know. Again - it all worked fine before - no changes on my side.

Hi @xt_tidal — Just wanted to hop in here real quick to lend a hand so Vova and I hava all the information we need to start evaluating what may have caused this issue to occur.

May I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information to us, and please be aware that no detail is too small. The more specific you can be, the better :sunglasses:

1. In your initial report you began by giving us some details of your setup :thumbsup: :

“RaspberryPi RoonBridge (to Version 1.0 build 64) and Roon (to Version 1.3 build 200) on a MacPro running macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.3)”

We would like you to expand on this description as much as possible. The link Vova provided is our recommended guide on how to efficiently report a problem to support. This ensures that we have ALL the information needed to begin our evaluation, which ultimately allows for the process to be expedited to some degree.

1. Please describe your network configuration / topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I want to get an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections possible.

-Eric

suggest you also perhaps include the RPi OS setup you are using … i.e. DietPi etc…and assume you have restarted the Pi’s (pull the power and reboot) just to be sure

Latest Roon update (203) didn’t help, but reinstalling DietPi did the trick. (For whatever reason - I didn’t touch the Pi between 197 and 200 … ). Anyway – thanks!

1 Like