Regular momentary break in playback

Hello,
I am playing music from a very large library of WAV files consisting of about 159191 tracks. All tracks are located on a separate NAS. I am experiencing a regular break in the audio approximately every 16-23 seconds. I’ve tried to disable "background audio analysis speed and on-demand audio analysis speed with no luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
The NAS and Roon server exist on the same switch and subnet. ARQ is able to play back the tracks from the same source without issue. I’m trying to move away from the Request system.

Is this problem the same as

If so I’ll merge the topics, if not what’s different this time (hardware, OS, network, wifi, NAS, …)?

2 things to check…Jumbo frames off…run a disk integrity data check - I think there was some who experienced stopstart with failing raid setups.

remember raid is not a backup, its a hardware safety net…a backup is a copy of your data elsewhere

one other thing to try is power off all the other devices on the LAN as maybe you having some crazy packet storm thats killing things

1 Like

HI Carl,

The issues are not at all related. The earlier issue was the system taking a long time to catalog after an update. In this case, The system seems to be running well and responding quickly. It’s playback that is the problem. As I described there is a break in audio every 16-23 seconds.

Sorry I pasted in the wrong link, it should have been Roon server on a Mac mini now corrected.

Hi Carl.
It doesn’t seem to be the same issue. I changed my hardware. Now I am no longer getting the error message from the server “Roon: An audio file is loading slowly. This may be indicating a performance or hardware problem”. Also the gaps in playback when I was getting the error last a long time.
Now the gaps seem very uniform and very short. Less than a second.

Hi @Fritz_Rey ---- Thank you for the feedback here and my apologies for the troubles. To help me understand what may be causing this problem to occur, may I kindly ask you for the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your setup as seen here. I would like to get a sense of the equipment you are making use of.

2. A description of your network configuration / topology as well as some insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I want to know how your devices are communicating and what tools you are using to make these connections possible.

3. You mentioned in your first post that your library consists of WAV files, by chance are there any other codecs you have tried playing? I am curious to see if there is a change in behavior between formats.

-Eric