Roon 1.3 not playing 192Khz FLAC and DSD128 (in DoP)

Hi, I discovered Roon 1.2 in trial mode few days before the 1.3 upgrade.
I was a user of JRiver as server and a RaspberryPi3 with Moode connected in USB to a PSAudio DirectStreamDAC with no problem at all. The DAC support DSD only in DoP mode up to DSD128. Roon ergonomy and stability seems to me far, far better than my previous setup, so I choosed Roon definitively :slight_smile: .

However since Roon 1.3, FLAC in 192Kbs and DSD128 does not play correctly. DSD64 are OK. In 192KHz, the 2 or 3 first seconds are ok but after I have many drop out during playback. In DSD128 the error message appears telling that “an audio file is loading too slowly…hardware issue…”.
As fas as I remember, I had no issue to read DSD128 with Roon 1.2, but I’m not completely sure while the upgrade occurs during the 2 last days of my trial period.
I believed about a problem with my Roon core server on a NUC (Core I3 1,8Ghz/4GB RAM + 120Gb SSD) under Ubuntu Server 16.10 but I observed exact same behavior with a server running on a MacBook Pro Core i7 (SSD+16GB RAM).
Roon bridge is installed directly on Moode (don’t know which Linux it is but it comes with a Linux 4.4.24 advanced kernel). One again I had no problem to play these files with JRiver (as server) and Moode as renderer before. So I tried to replace the Roon bridge on raspberry by the latest piCoreplayer audio optimized version pCP3.11.
With squeezelite, I can play correctly the 192Khz FLAC files, DSD64 in DoP and for an unknown reason DSD128 are down sampled to PCM 176Khz in 24bits. It is indicated in the audio transformation path in Roon Controller.

I’d like to return back to Roon bridge but for the moment Squeezelite performs better than Roon bridge despite the RAAT
Is it a network issue or a known limitation of Roon bridge on Raspberry in USB ?

Thanks

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.2 plays DSD 128, Roon 1.3 version 196 doesn’t