Roon application asking for login and hanging on login

It didn’t use to ask for a login at all. Suddenly it is asking for login at ALL remote points. I can’t access the server from any remote, i.e., can’t access at all.

Hi @mowheeler – I’m going to follow up via PM and we’ll get some logs from you to figure out what’s going on here. Stand by!

1 Like

I suddenly have the same problems like described above.

I’m not aware of any changes made to my system which could cause the situation.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help!
Matthias

Hmmm, …
I tried it about 20 times the last day without success.

But now suddenly it is working again.
Did something magic happen in the background? :hushed:

One for @mike to comment one.

Hey @Matty – any chance this is related to networking? Were you able to connect to the internet when this was happening?

Can you also give me and @Eric the details of your system? I’d be particularly interested to know about what machines were involved and how they were all configured (Remote vs Core).

Thanks!

Hi @Matty ---- Just wanted to follow up and touch base with you concerning the issue you had been experience. Let me know, thanks!

-Eric

Hi Eric,

thanks for your message.
I sent you the logfiles a few days ago and a pm afterwards.

Fortunately the problem did not occur again.- Roon is working without constraints since then.
So no urgency at all. But of course I’m curious if you find out what happend. :relaxed:

Hi @Matty ---- My apologies for the delay. I am pleased to hear that Roon has stabilized for you.

We did not notice anything out of the ordinary with your logs. This type of lagging behavior is typically what we see when a drive(s) are running low on space.

Please let me know if anything else comes up and I’d be glad to take a look. Happy listening!

-Eric

Hello,
I am experiencing an issue here Roon will not accept my log in account.

The app displays a window “logging in” next a moving Roon icon.

I can log in using Safari on both my 13" 2,7 GHz MacBook Pro as well as my iPad Air 2. This should indicate that it’s not an internet issue.

I’ve used Roon since Fall last year.

Yesterday, I had to do an OS 10.11.6 reinstall (due to not being able to install a Sierra beta version). This was done using a time machine back-up.

I tried to uses copy from a hard drive as well deleting Roon app, and then reinstalling using safari and log in credentials. This prompted my account info letting me download the 1.2 app version.

I seem to be at a loss here. Can anyone in the forum please advise as what to do?

Thank you.

It might be worth double checking that the Mac’s firewall is not blocking any Roon traffic.

Let’s leave a flag for @support to take a look and make suggestions.

Hi, Carl

Thanks for your input

I have double checked the firewall, it’s allowing Roon to operate freely.

Torben

Similar/same problem. Roon used to fire up immediately all the time. Now, though I am currently using it on only one endpoint (Mac mini eunning Roon Bridge to a USB DAC), every time I try to play music using my iPad as a control, I get challenged for login, and then the screen just hangs showing that Roon is logging in. Sometime if I leave the screen and come back, my music is accessible. Generally not.

I am running RoonServer on a Synology DWRS2416+.

Same problem here…windows 10. Verified permissions with firewall. Worked for a few months and just stopped.

Frustrating to say the least…

Cannot log into roon on my CPU as the core.

Hi @Todd_Strockoz ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. Can you please provide me with the details of your setup as seen here.

Furthermore, you mentioned that everything worked and then “stopped” can you think of any changes that could’ve occurred that may be influencing this behavior? No, detail is too small.

-Eric

Here is more system info - ran malware, and system scan, and still can not log into roon app on CPU. I can log in on the website so my username and PW work

CPU is an ASUS w/ AMD A10-6700 w/ 8GB of RAM
Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.1198.
64 bit machine

Running 64 bit Roon.

Auralic Aries Running firmware version 4.1.0

Music is stored remote NAS - WD MY Book Live - firmware MyBookLive 02.43.10-048: Core F/W

Any help is appreciated

Todd

Also no changes to be noted of. This CPU sits relatively idle and is only used as a host for music and router

Hi @Todd_Strockoz ---- Thank you for touching base and providing the requested information, both are appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to take a look at a set of your logs to see if we can identify the cause of this behavior. May I kindly ask you to perform the following:

1. Very important - Please try to launch the application, get into the sate where it hangs, and note the time that the observation is made.

2. Following the instructions found here, please dump us a set of logs for evaluation.

-Eric

Sent the logs.

Thanks

Todd