Roon lost Control of The Audio device

Hi @Kay_Levermann ----- Thank you for the follow up and clarifying that information for me! My apologies for the delayed response here.

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so our techs can try to get a sense as to what could be causing the issue here. However, may I very kindly ask you to first reproduce the problem and note the time of day when you receive the mentioned error message in the application (i.e "Roon lost control of the audio device).

Once I have a sense of when the error occurs I will then enable the mentioned diagnostics. Many thanks!

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

today we had another loss of connection. It was arround 11:45 am CET.

Kind regards,
Kay

Hi @Eric,

again at 13:54 today (17. DEC.) roon lost connection to the transport.

Kind regards,
Kay

Thanks @Kay_Levermann! As mentioned in my previous, now that I have a sense as to when the error occurred I am going to be enabling diagnostics on your account. What this action will do is automatically generate/upload a diagnostics report to our servers the next time your Roon core comes online.

When the report is received, I will be sure to follow up to confirm that we’ve go it.

-Eric

I’m having this same issue as of today with my Sonos Playbar as the zone. I’m on 1.4. This happens with both Tidal, and my local files.

Using the Sonos app works fine.

Thank you for the chiming in and sharing your feedback with us @Robert_Siegel. Appreciated.

Moving forward, to help us evaluate this behavior you are experiencing may I kindly ask you for the following:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

• During your troubleshooting of this behavior have you rebooted your core machine along with any pertinent networking devices?

• If you are able to reliable reproduce this issue, would you kindly do so and note the time of day when the error was observed.

-Eric

Hi @Kay_Levermann ----- Thank you for your patience here while our tech team has been looking into this issue for you.

To bring you up to speed the team has noted that they are seeing some responses in the logs related to the communication with the OPPO device that the team is currently waiting on information about form our developers. In the mean time the team has asked for the following:

• When you ran the test with NAS temporarily left out the equation and a USB storage device mounted directly to the NUC, how long was this configuration left in place?

• If I am not mistaken (please due correct me if I am wrong) you have no other audio zones besides the Oppo, correct? If you do happen to have other zones active, please remind me if you experience the same issue.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

thank you for the information.

The USB-storage played around 30 to 40 minutes directly connected to the nuc.

Yes, you are right. We only use one audio zone.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas,
Kay

Hi @Kay_Levermann ----- Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the wait. Things have been a bit slower than we’d like due to the holiday season so your understanding is very appreciated!

Moving froward, I had our techs re-analyze the Roon logs that were attached to the received diagnostics report once more to see if there were any traces that could be pointing to the cause of this behavior with the 203. The team has update my report and have confirmed that they’re not seeing anything conclusive in either your Roon or RAATServer logs.

However, the team has suggested further testing with the NAS storage temporarily out of the equation as this was the one troubleshooting exercise that yielded a positive change in behavior with the 203 audio zone. As per the request of the team may I kindly ask you for the following:

1. Please reproduce the issue once more and provide the following:

• Note the time of day when the error has occurred.
    • Note what track/album was being played when the error occurred.
  2. Please place a days worth of media on the same external HD used in the previous test, temporarily disable the network storage location in the app, and mount the external HD to the NUC again. Watch the thumb drive in the application for a day and monitor the performance of the system.

• Let me know the date when the local storage test was ran as I am certain the team is going to want to see log traces from that test run as well.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

sorry for the delay. I had tanken some notes, but the paper is lost. I will come back to you when I find it.
Kind regards,
Kay

Hi @Eric,

finally I found the dates I made notes of. Hopefully these are not too old for you. We had loss of connection on 10.01. at 18:43, 12.01. at 16:39, 19.01. at 16:25, 21.01. at 16:37 and 30.01. at 17:52. As allways, after the reconnection everything went fine.

On 13.01. at 13:59 we had a problem with slow loading of the music.

Whenever the mentioned problems occoured, there were only a smartphone and a tablet running in the same network.

Times are all CET.

We were still not able to test the usb-drive connected to the nuc directly. I hope that I find some time to test it this weekend.

Kind regards,
Kay

Hi @Kay_Levermann ----- Thank you for the follow up, very appreciated.

I just checked the first diagnostics report we received and the earliest date in the log traces are from November the 15th (2017), so unfortunately the time frames provided above from October 1st will no longer be available in Roon logs.

Before we go about gathering new logs/time stamps I think the best course of action will be to perform the “USB-drive test” first. At your earliest convenience would you kindly perform the following:

1. Please reproduce the issue once more and provide the following:

• Note the time of day when the error has occurred.
    • Note what track/album was being played when the error occurred.
  2. Please place a days worth of media on the same external HD used in the previous test, temporarily disable the network storage location in the app, and mount the external HD to the NUC again. Watch the thumb drive in the application for a day and monitor the performance of the system.

• Let me know the date when the local storage test was ran as I am certain the team is going to want to see log traces from that test run as well.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

just to clarify the dates I mentioned. Everything happened in January.

Kind regards,
Kay

Hi @Kay_Levermann ----- Thank you for clarifying that information for me, I will be sure update your ticket so our tech team have an idea when the issue was observed :microscope:

Please also be sure to let me know how the external HD test goes as I am certain the team is going to want to hear the observations you make during that data gathering exercise. Many thanks!

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

I had some time yesterday, and I was able to try the external hard disk on the USB-port of the NUC. Also with the USB-harddisk it appears, that everytime the OPPO is powered on, the problem with the loss of connection occurs. I have tried it three times (04. Feb. 09:16; 12:37 and 15:39 CET). With each try, I put power on and start an album. Allways at the first track (mostly the first seconds), roon lost connection. After reconnnection, everything went smooth.

I will come back to you with the next dates, times and tracks when it happens again with the NAS attached.

Kind regards,
Kay

Thanks for the feedback after performing the proposed test @Kay_Levermann, very appreciated!

Re-enabling diagnostics on your account so we can have an up to date report from this test run. I will confirm when it has been received.

-Eric

Hi @Kay_Levermann ---- Letting you know that the latest round of diagnostics have been received :microscope:

-Eric

Hi @Kay_Levermann — I wanted to reach out to you because I was preparing to pass back your ticket to our tech team with the newly received diagnostics report and I noticed some logs files missing, which usually indicates that there was an issue with the upload :face_with_head_bandage:

In the interest of expediting this process to the best of my ability may I very kindly ask you to please provide us with a set of you “RoonServer” logs using the instructions found here.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

sorry for the delay. I have uploaded the log files under this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GiipFm3xoUhhh7pYvOdLnDtTeco7dtIu

I hope, that you can access the files.

Just for your information, lately we did not have that much problems. Only on Feb. 06, at 18:30, we had another loss of connenction. The track was Eric Bibb, A selection of analouge Bibb, title no. 1, Wrapped up in her arms.

Kind regards,
Kay

Thanks for the follow up @Kay_Levermann, no apology necessary.

Confirming that the logs have been received and will be attached to your ticket for review by our tech team.

-Eric