Roon slower than other programs on my PC

Hi @Nils_Jensen ----- Thank you for the report and the PM. I have moved this thread over to the support section of the community site.

Moving forward, I want to address the points you have made in your posts to offer some insight:

1. In regard to the device currently hosting your core:

Roon software is extremely slow. All other programs on my PC works normally (internet and local programs).”

"I have a i7 PC with windows 10, 8GB ram and two 2TB HDD’s and one 2TB NAS. The speed of the Roon is now better but I had to restart the PC 3 times; no sure why.

• I agree with the comments made by the other user’s in this thread that your DB really should be hosted on a SSD drive as this is part of our minimum requirements. While I understand that things have been working since you first installed the application, as your library grows the potential to be start seeing issue with performance will increase. Our CTO wrote up a very informative post about what the Roon experience “could/should be like” with the proper equipment hosting a Roon core.
  1. “Mytek Manhattan II - Roon Ready”:

"The DAC should be Roon ready as I bought the additional board for the DAC that handles this.

• I just checked our “partner device matrix” where we list all of our Roon tested and Roon Ready devices, the Manhattan II isn’t listed on the page. In light of this I have placed feedback request with our DEV team to verify what the “expectation” should be here in regard to the Manhattan II.

-Eric