Roon won't launch on Mac mini

Hi
I have just downloaded roon. When I attempt to launch it from my Mac mini, the icon quickly flashes in the dock then disappears. I have tried your “quick fixes” to no avail.
Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Stuart

@Stuart_Hastings, What did you download, Roonserver runs in the background, sounds like that is what you might have, try downloading from the Roon section on the download page.

Russ

Hi @Stuart_Hastings ---- I saw your post and wanted to touch base with you to see how things were going.

We have seen this issue before with other users, definitely weird one and it usually has to do with your OSX permissions as seen here.

-Eric

Hi Eric
Thanks for the reply
I’ve tried the permissions and font solve with no result. Icon bounces in dock for 1 second then aborts the load. It’s not running in the background.
Any other suggestions?

Hi @Stuart_Hastings ---- Thank you for following up and performing the proposed test. I am sorry to hear that entering the command lines into terminal did remedy the issue.

I would like to grab some logs from you so our developers can take a closer look into this issue for you but first would like to gather some information in regard to the gear you are working with. May I kindly ask you to please describe, in detail, your current setup. The more specific you can be, the better :sunglasses:

Thanks!
-Eric

Sure Eric
Can I correspond with you directly rather than publicly? Where should I send the logs?

Just saw your post so I’ve set the thread to unlisted, so it will no longer be listed on the forum. Eric will be in touch soon to make sure we get this resolved for you, so thanks for your patience @Stuart_Hastings!

Hi @Stuart_Hastings ----- Just wanted to touch base with you, as Mike mentioned the thread has been unlisted so any information shared will not be available to the public :sunglasses:

After you have provided the details of your setup (as seen here), I would like you to please follow the instructions listed below and upload a set of your logs to our servers. Let me know when the upload has completed and I will be sure they reach our developers in a timely manor. Thanks!

To manually grab logs on OS X:

1. On whichever machine runs your Roon Core, open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Alt key to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Find and open the Roon folder (or RoonServer, if applicable)
  5. Right click Logs, then ‘Compress Logs’
  6. Rename the files to include your user name
  7. Upload the file here using “alpha” (no quotes) for username and password

-Eric