Roon wont start up and lead me here

Roon instructed me to update my software. I clicked on the update, it restarted and now says there is a problem with my library and wont go any further and provided a link to send me here. i tried downloading a new version of roon and replaced it on my mac and it still does the same. when i launch roon it says it is updating the software and then stalls and gives me the library message.
please help
paul

Flagging for @support

Hi @Paul_MacEwen ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. I would like to grab a set of logs from you but first may I kindly ask you to please provide the details of your setup as seen here.

-Eric

hi eric, it says i am running version 1.3 but it wont start up so Iā€™m not sure if i am indeed running that version. it says the new version of roon requires a database update and then switches there was a problem loading your database. i am running roon on a mac mini running os 10.12.3 i am using a ds 413j synology disk station running the latest dsm 6ā€¦ i hope that is enough info,
paul

Hi @Paul_MacEwen ---- Thank you for the follow up. As mentioned I would like to grab a set of logs from you and will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric

FYI: to ensure that the support team sees your posts be sure to drop us a flag using ā€œ@supportā€.