Roon won't work with SoTM SMS 200

I activated Roon Ready in the Eunhasu page, but SMS 200 doesn’t show in settings as “audio device,” and isn’t found by Roon as a zone. If I activate the DLNA setting in Eunhasu page, it shows in settings as audio device, and plays fine. Anyone have a clue as to the problem? Thanks. – David

Hi – Some background: for 10 mos., I have used Roon with my Microrendu happily/successfully. Last week, it stopped showing up on the network and Roon, so it is back to the factory. In the meantime, I decided to check out the SMS200.

I activated Roon Ready in the Eunhasu page, but SMS 200 doesn’t show in settings as “audio device,” and isn’t found by Roon as a zone. If I activate the DLNA setting in Eunhasu page, it shows in settings as audio device, and plays fine. Anyone have a clue as to the problem? Thanks. – David

Hi @David_Zigas, sorry for the trouble! Can you tell us a little more about your setup as described here? It’s a bit curious that your Microrendu disappeared from your network and now you’re having a similar issue with the SMS 200, which may indicate that something about your network topology has changed.

Let’s have you pass on some more information about your setup using the instructions I linked above, and @support can hop in to help here as soon as we know a bit more.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re in good hands with Kevin and will get to the bottom of it.
As a word of encouragement: my SoTM sMS-200 works like a charm with Roon! :slight_smile:

Mine doesn’t show up if the DAC isn’t on. Worth checking!

Kevin – Thanks for the help. I got it working, but I’m not completely sure how. In the settings page, for audio, there’s a list of network devices found, which need to be “enabled”. That’s where I found the SMS 200 yesterday, and promptly enabled it. I could swear I looked there on Thursday nite when I first tried, and didn’t see it. But I was very tired Thursday nite (something having to do with working for a living, I guess), so it’s possible I missed it. Anyway, things are fine now – we’ll just see how it works the next time I have to reconfigure. I’m still not sure what the issue was with the Mrendu. Unlike “Eunhasu”, I couldn’t even find the MRendu in the Windows network list, the settings page on the web couldn’t see it either, Strange.

Andrew Gillis checked it out and had no problems on his network, but he did upgrade the firmware, so we’ll see what happens when I try it again tonite. Thanks again for the help. – David

Thanks! See my note to Kevin. My 200 does show up, even when the DAC is off.

Thanks! See my note to Kevin.

1 Like