Setting up a Raspberry Pi2 with RoonBridge Step-by-Step (OSX version)

Built up the Pi3 and IQaudio DAC+. It was pretty straightforward. One gotcha from the instructions was saying to screw the riser posts to the board, but then after it was all assembled I turned the page to see ‘if youre using the iqaudio case, replace the screws with small risers included in the case’. Doh, would have been nice to know that beforehand. Anyway a bit of screwdriver twiddling later and it was together.

I followed in the footsteps of RBM and thanks to his post, went Dietpi and RoonBridge. It’s harder to jot down exact steps as there are GUI utilities which do some of the setup, but it was pretty straightforward.

Finally, I built the case and popped the gubbins inside. Not a huge fan of the case to be honest. It’s big. Big and thick and over-engineered with bolts at the corners. I hadn’t quite got the scale. ok, ok, it’s not BIG big, but compared to the compactness of the Pi it seems oversized. So it’s probably nice if you want something on show, but I want it tucked behind the speaker in a place where there’s not much soace. It’s also really fiddly to get the SD card in. Might re-think that one, but for now it does the job.

Annoyingly the speaker didn’t turn up so I can play music to it as a zone, but nothing comes out - which isn’t really that exciting. Didn’t have time to find headphones either.

Hopefully next week will have the speaker and can report back with a pic or two.