Sonos "Playbar" disappearing

I am having the same issue. I am one week into the Roon experience (really liking it so far) and have two Sonos devices connected via WiFi (Play 1 and Playbar). The Playbar played flawlessly last night and tonight it just isn’t showing up in the audio devices in Roon. It does show up and work properly in both the Sonos app and the Tidal iPhone app. The Play 1 has remained on the device listing.

Running the 1.4 controller on a MacBook Pro with thunderbolt RAID array. WiFi is a mesh network with a unit in the same room as the Playbar. Critical listening is by way of an iFi nano DSD DAC/headphone amp connected via USB to the MacBook, but the convenience of the Sonos speakers is a great complement to that for more passive listening in other rooms.

Hi @Gabbleratchet73 ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated! I have moved your post out to it’s own “support thread” so this behavior can be addressed with your directly.

Moving forward, to help aid in our understanding of this behavior you are experiencing with the Sonos “Playbar” may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

• Please expand on the details of your setup using this link as a guide.

• During your troubleshooting of this behavior have you tried rebooting the device hosting your Roon core as well as any relevant networking hardware?

-Eric

This might have some tips for you:

Thank you. A restart of the computer running the core Roon application saw the Playbar returning to the device list. For completeness, here is my setup:

• Running Roon Version 1.4 (build 306)
  • MacOS 10.13.3
  • MacBook Pro (late 2013); 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7; 16GB RAM
  • Music is stored on thunderbolt-connected RAID-arrayed Western Digital external drive
  • ~60,000 tracks, ranging from low bit-rate MP3s to hi-rez FLAC files

Thank you for the follow up @Gabbleratchet73, glad to hear that restarting the computer triggered a change in behavior with the “playbar”.

I wanted to check in and see if things have remained stable with “playbar” since the above action was performed.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
-Eric

So far so good. Thanks.