Stubborn backup location [Resolved - Roon v1.4]

Hi there!
I have a backup location that stopped being accessible by Roon and cannot either be deleted, see attached jpeg.
I will add that the smb IS correct and that I can access it through my desktop computer.
What is wrong??

Thanks in advance!!

Hi @Pedro_Conde ----- Thank you for the report! The feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide our evaluation of this issue you are experiencing may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Any issues accessing the mentioned backup location outside of the application?

• While it may seem elementary, since noticing this behavior have you tried power cycling your equipment (i.e core machine, storage location, etc)?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Roon Core latest builds (150 + 276) running on an i7 NUC, feeding Auralic Aries feeding Auralic Vega DAC, all connected with AudioQuest Cat 7 cables.
Apple Airport Extreme as router. Files reside on a Synology NAS.
All working 100% until latest builds, never had a problem since August when I installed.
Nothing else changed, really…

Thanks!

Hi @Pedro_Conde ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the details of your setup, very appreciated!

Moving forward, have you had a chance to review my other questions from the previous post?

• Any issues accessing the mentioned backup location outside of the application?
  • While it may seem elementary, since noticing this behavior have you tried power cycling your equipment (i.e core machine, storage location, etc)?

-Eric

Eric,
No problem whatsover to access the folder from any computer.
Power cycling was my first try, but no results :frowning:

Thank you for the follow up @Pedro_Conde and verifying that information for me, very appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so our techs can try to get a better understanding as to what could possible causing this behavior with the mentioned backup location. In light of this may I very kindly ask you to please try remove the mentioned backup location from the app and note the time of day when the failure occurs (i.e can’t access or delete).

Once I have clear sense of the time when the problem happens, I will go ahead and enable the mentioned diagnostics on your account.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Eric,
Tried to do it at exactly 10:00AM Portuguese time (5 hours less in NY).
Actually since i do not even get the “x” that enables folder deletion on Roon, e tried to access and generated the error message.
Thanks for helping!
Pedro

@Pedro_Conde ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested information :thumbsup::clap:

As mentioned, I will be enabling diagnostics on your account and what this action will do is, the next time your Roon core machine comes online a diagnostics report will be automatically generated/uploaded to our servers which will contain a set of your Roon logs. Once the report has reached us I will follow up to confirm that is has been received and passed over to our tech team.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Hi @Pedro_Conde ---- I wanted to touch base with you as I have been keeping any eye out for the mentioned diagnostics report and it looks like it has not made it to our servers yet . Yesterday, I re-enabled diagnostics on your account (again) to try to refresh the process and the report is still not available.

I want to ensure that your issue is addressed in a timely manor and in light of the above may I very kindly ask you to please use the directions found here to manually send us over a set of logs from your core machine.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Her it is:

@Pedro_Conde ---- Thank you for the upload! I just took a look at the contents and it appears that you have sent of RAATServer logs. Would you kindly supply us your “Roon” logs.

I see that my directions may have been a touch confusing, my apologies.

-Eric

Thanks

Thanks @Pedro_Conde! Confirming that the Roon logs have been received :thumbsup:

-Eric

Eric,
solved by latest Roon update yesterday. Was able immediately to delete the stubborn location.

Thanks!

1 Like