Trouble getting Qsonic export files to load into Roon

@support

We are switching from a Qsonic system to Roon using a QNAP NAS. We exported the Qsonic backup file and then moved the exported file into Roon but only 140 albums out of 4,000 show up in the Roon interface.

If we look at the Roon music folder on the QNAP by going through Explorer we see all 4,000 albums.

Why is this happening? How do I fix this?

Hi @Peter_Sherman ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

To help me better evaluate what could be causing this behavior to occur, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

1. Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Please verify the make/model of the QNAP NAS you’re currently working with and how you are accessing/mounting it in Roon. A screenshot of your storage tab would be very helpful. Furthermore, I am not sure if you’ve given our knowledge base a read yet, but we have very good documentation on the ideal setup for using a NAS with Roon. Just some additional information should it be needed :wink:

3. I am not very familiar with a QSONIC system and it’s functionality. Can you please provide some further information about this configuration? Also, please confirm what type of file is generated when an export is performed from the QSONIC system.

-Eric

we are getting the information together. here is some of it and a few questions

QNAP is a TS 253 Pro running 64 bit version of Roon. The QNAP itself is running its version 4.3.3

I am not sure what OS is on the client’s computer. That doesn’t seem to be the issue anyway.

The Qnap has the usual Share folder for the music and a separate Share for the Roon program.
We are Meridian dealers so this is not the first QNAP/Roon set up we have done.

Just so that you are aware and ahead of sending more detailed information… before we found out that Qsonix had an export program …we loaded the content of the Qsonix straight into the Roon Music folder on the QNAP and none of it played with Roon

When the client showed us that there were 2 types of backups (one to go back into another Qsonix and another called Export to go into another brand of server) we took the Qsonix from the client and did the two step conversion on the Qsonix-which is to do a regular back up first and then run it through Qsonix export program to create a new folder that we loaded into the QNAP into the QNAP Roon music folder.

But only 140 of the 4,000 or so cd’s will play or show up in roon. If we navigate to the Roon music folder on the QNAP through the desktop we see all 4,000 cd’s show up on the list and the cd title and tracks are identified correctly. I am trying to find out if there is something different about the 140 that can play in Roon versus the thousands that are in the QNAP Roon music folder and will not even show up in the Roon GUI. I suppose it is possible that the Qsonix export file may have formatted the unplayable ones in something Roon does not support. (be kind of odd but who knows) I need to look at the original tracks to see what sort of files the 140 that play are versius the ones that do not. The client mostly copied from cd’s into the Qsonix but I know ther were some that were downloaded from Pono Music.

I was wondering if we should try to run the Qsonix backups through DB Poweramp and mass convert them to FLAC or load them into iTunes as AIFF and see if that fixes this.
What do you think?

We will copy some of the unplayable cd’s and send them to you soon

Hi @Peter_Sherman ---- Thank you for your patience while I have been discussing the next step(s) forward here with my team.

In light of our meeting, I would like to test with some media in house from this export you’ve performed, more specifically one file that you are certain is not importing into Roon. Would it be possible to share some media with me via a dropbox download link in a PM?

-Eric