Updated Roon to the latest version and Mac crashes

Hi as mentioned roon crashes very often with the latest firmware.

Any thing I should be looking at? I am on a iMac.

Hi @mustafa_kaiser,

Please set out details of your system as per this post. That will help Support rule things out and help you quicker.

Hi @mustafa_kaiser ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help us better understand what could be going on with your setup, may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

• As @andybob has asked in his post. A description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• How often does this crashing behavior occur (every hour, twice a day, etc.)?

• Is there a specific file format or bit rate you are streaming (consistently) when this issue occurs?

• My assumption is that you have not been experiencing this behavior in the past and that this “crashing” is a recent observation (due correct me if I am wrong :innocent:). Besides the update to B269, have there been any other changes made to your setup since noticing this behavior? No detail is too small.

-Eric

Hi Eric

Hmm it does not crash while I am playing music and that can be for hours as well!!!

I am using SOtM and normally when I boot them up the Dac and the Melco I alway notice a crash with a massive log that I mail to Apple!

Hi @mustafa_kaiser ---- Thank you for touching base with!

If you can please provide some further feedback based on the questions provided in my first response, we can start to try to eliminate some variables in order to determine what could be causing this issue.

IMPORTANT:

• As @andybob has asked in his post. A description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• My assumption is that you have not been experiencing this behavior in the past and that this “crashing” is a recent observation (due correct me if I am wrong :innocent:). Besides the update to B269, have there been any other changes made to your setup since noticing this behavior? No detail is too small.

Furthermore, based on your response it sounds like you are launching the application and then it is immediately crashing, is that correct?

-Eric

Hi Eric

No it does not crash while playing any music. But I don’t see a crash after I have turn my render, dac, amps off… I am using a Melco but this was not happening before the update.

I need to launch roon every single time.

Thanks

Hi @mustafa_kaiser ----- Apologies for the delay. I wanted to touch base and see how things were going.

I must admit that I am still a bit foggy on what your setup actually looks like but it sounds like you are able to reproduce this crashing behavior consistently by performing the following action (see below), is that so?

From your previous post:

“I am using SOtM and normally when I boot them up the Dac and the Melco I alway notice a crash with a massive log”

-Eric