Windows 10 N Roon Server 1.3 not working with Media feature pack installed

Can’t run Roon server 1.3 on Windows 10 N with the Media features pack installed.

After installing the pack Roon still gives the fatal error that it needs audio codecs for importing and playing.

I have tried multiple times and installed a fresh Windows N copy multiple times now.

Since the 1.3 update its nothing but trouble for me, after updating Roon couldn’t find my endpoints or naa anymore and if the naa was found there were dropouts. I thought a vanilla windows install and Roon server install together with a new OS & Roon install for my endpoints and naa would fix it but now I can’t even run Roon server.

After installing regular Windows 10 Roon Server is running again. Wasted a few hours :disappointed_relieved:

I much rather use Windows 10 N, now I have to manually delete all windows bloatware.

lets see if my naa and or endpoints are found…

Naa has been found, Roon bridge endpoint can’t be found(2x MBP & 1 Mac mini)

dropouts(introduced with 1.3) with naa are still there.

maybe @support has an answer?

everything well now… After setting up everything again (computers and router) still no roon bridge was found, but was seen in “about Roon”. Then miraculous out of the blue they were found. strange…
Windows N isn’t working with Roon server over here though…

finally listening time :smile:

Hi @BoyZonderman ----- Thank you for the report/feedback and my sincere apologies for the slow response here.

I wanted to touch base with you and see how things have been holding since your last post. Please let me know if you require further assistance by dropping “support” a flag (@support) and I will be glad to lend hand.

-Eric

Hi Eric, Haven’t had much time to use Roon last couple of months but right now I’m re-installing my server again(due to some hardware changes), and from tomorrow it will be listening time again:grin:

Really would like to see the issue with the codecs pack and Windows 10 N solved though. I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s having this problem.

Roonbridge is still hit and miss but that could very well be a problem within my network, will see how it works from tomorrow.

Thanks for hitting me up!!

Hi @BoyZonderman ----- Thank you for the feedback. I have added this thread to my list to discuss with my team early next week in regard to the media pack for Win10 N to see what we can come up with.

Once I have some feedback I will touch base, your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

appreciate that!

Hey @BoyZonderman – your link isn’t working for me, but I’m not aware of any significant issues here. There could be something going on I’m not aware of, but more details would help.

Roon requires that the Media Pack is installed, and since Windows N doesn’t include i, it must be installed manually. I know we’ve heard from a few people that have had some issues getting the correct media pack installed – is that what’s happening here for you?

Also, if there are other issues that aren’t related to the Media Pack, it would be great if you could start a new thread with all the details. Thanks!