With 1.3 Release coming, have you backed up your DB?

3 Likes

Yep. The external drive that has my database backup is also backed up online with Backblaze. 2 is 1, 1 is none, I’ve heard. So I guess in this case 3 copies (original, external drive, online backup of external drive) is 2 copies?

1 Like

I closed Core Server, and just simply used “copy” to copy the entire Roon Folder from c:Users, Pc, AppData, Local to my desktop.

Is this the correct way of doing this?

Thanks
Chris

Yes it is. That is, in your case, the folder named “RoonServer”, not a folder called “Roon” (if there is any, in case you had the full GUI version of Roon installed previously, like I did).

I have been telling my friends who build backup solutions that their whole business is mis-named. It should be “restore”! Nobody wants to do backups, we want to restore.

2 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

1 Like

I wonder how many will still upgrade without backing up as suggested?

Russ

About 92%, I’d guess.

I have always been a minority :innocent:

Russ

1 Like

Today I’m celebrating my 6 months Roon anniversary.
Just finished my database backup.
Now eagerly waiting from my present :wink:

2 Likes

Backed up and ready to go.

1 Like

Same here. Ready for 1.3

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Backing up now! Bring on the update!!

1 Like

All Backed up

1 Like

Backed, primed and pumped!

1 Like

Does the way of doing the backup you jave described here also apply for my setup with Roon server on a Qnap NAS ?

And will Roon 1.3 version be able to run on my NAS?

Thanks !

@Jorg-Michael_Hohling The Qnap package is already to run with 1.3 you do not need to update it. See this thread.