X86 Android support

That was quick thanks.

Got it loaded on to my Nexus player but not able to get past the initial screen with just the remote alone. Already purchased a cheap bluetooth keyboard with track pad to see if i can use that to set it up there.

Danny-

Lots of thanks.
I subscribed to Roon based on the knowledge this was coming. I now am running Roon on a 13.3 inch Intel based tablet and it looks great! Works great, too.
I totally appreciate that you guys at Roon are responsive to customer needs, and also take the time to communicate to users.

Hi Danny and the whole Roon team

That’s good news for me, because that will give me at least one more Tablet to control Roon :sunglasses:

Thanks for the unexpected “present”.
I really didn’t count on ever being able to use my trusty old Galaxy Tab 3 as a remote and had to buy a HTC Nexus 9 back then.
Such a nice surprise :+1:

That is fantastic news - there are some absolute bargain Intel based tablets available at the moment - with quite reasonable specs (CPU / GPU / Screen size & DPI).

Rik

Yes. Just make sure they have Open GL 3.0 support.

I using the Roon endpoint on an Android 4.4 Minix Neo 8H Media Hub into a 42" LCD television.

It works like a charm, connecting to my Windows server across the WiFi network.

I am controlling the GUI with a Gyroscopic Air Mouse from about 15 feet away on the couch.

While the experience is very similar to the Windows desktop screen experience, I am frustrated that the Roon Labs developers are not supporting the left/right scroll functions of the air mouse to browser between the albums.
This functionality works perfectly on the Windows endpoint when I connect my laptop to the TV and use the same Gyroscopic Air Mouse.

While the Android build has a horizontal scroll bar across the albums and start/end selector options … the absence of cached left/right scrolling is a major navigation oversight.

Please consider this functionality on the next Android release.

Hit those buttons and get @vova the logs from your Android device. Android is probably getting weird keys for those buttons that we just need to remap.

Thanks Danny … I will grab the logs this weekend and send them through to @vova