1.6 memory leak

@support just to report, as I’m sure you’re aware, Roon on OS X memory footprint creeps up rather high over time. macOS 10.14.3. ~4000 albums, Rock core on an i5 Nuc. No streaming services.

Starts out so:

Then after a couple of hours:

Quitting and relaunching, everything good again… for a few hours.

I’ve always been suspicious of a memory leak under iOS.

Interesting, I have had to restart 1.6 on OSX a couple of times… next time I’ll look at memory

I believe it’s just all the cached bitmaps (album and artist artwork). @mikeb Check the memory usage: when you don’t browse, does it change significantly? Is your system impacted by this - besides the growing stats in the Activity Monitor?

Hi @mikeb,

Are you noticing any performance issues stemming from this?

Does this continue to grow beyond 1.5GB usage over time, even when idle? After being idle overnight is there any change in memory usage?

@dylan Thanks, I‘ll check and report back.

1 Like

I suspect @ndrscr has a point here. When I launch Roon the memory usage is around 550MB but I can triple this in just a couple of minutes by browsing through the albums screens. If I don’t browse, the memory usage doesn’t seem to increase significantly. If you’re having performance issues it might be worth checking what you have Memory for Photos/Artwork set to. I have it set to 2048 MB on a 16GB Macbook Pro, but you might need to use a lower value if you have limited RAM.

I left Roon running overnight, and woke up to “Roon Quit Unexpectedly”. I can email the crash log if you’d like it.

Hi @mikeb,

No need to send the crash logs —

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core and the remote is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll pass that along to the team so they can take a look

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.