1.7 Denifrips Terminator upsample settings

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Sonic Transport CDR.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
From router which is on fiber connection to CDR then via wired connection to Sotm sms 200 Neo

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Then out to Singer SU1 USB Audio bridge for conversion from USB to HDMI then into Denifrips Terminator with latest upgrade board.

Then out to a Kinki pre amplifier then to a Wyred 4sound 1000 amp to Elac Adante St61 with REL bass and smile audio super tweeter.

Description Of Issue
I love Roon and although the Terminator can upsample i have heard that using Roon to do the upsampling then Terminator on NOS (non upsampling) gives an improved sound.

I am mainly listening to classical, jazz, some Pink Floyd etc and some high res recordings and only Roon is considered for this task.

I want to know what are the settings for Roon upsamping that I’m running with a Roon 1.7?

The Terminator is essentially a PCM ladder DAC, unlike most of the chipset based ones which a Sigma Delta DACs. So set the upsampling to max PCM x 2. Go to the DSP settings to do this. You need to set these values then enable them. You can confirm by checking your signal path.

I used the pcmX2 and the PCM both gave massive distortion so have used the custom setting i will reply my mail showing my current settings

Interestingly I have a ladder DAC that does the exact same thing. I think the reason it does that is it reports it’s capability for the purposes of DOP but it’s maximum PCM resolution is actually lower. So my Airist DAC reports up to 768 in Roon but only accepts 384 as PCM.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.