1.7 has issues in Win7

1.6 worked great on this system for 6+ months… No changes except upgrade to 1.7. Now it wont start. Just flashes and disappears. Already have latest video driver. Roon log shows System.MissingMethodException.

I have rebooted and reinstalled countless times. No fix. I can install 1.6 and that works.

Also installed on Win10 and that works. Need it to work on Win7 so I dont have to buy new computer.

Hardwired cat5 network connection. DHCP ip. Latest driver.

Audio device is microrendu but it doesn’t get that far so doesn’t matter.

Thanks.

Dan
[Personal email removed by support]

Hi @Dan_Long,

I have removed your email since sometimes this forum is monitored by email spammers, I suggest not posting this publicly so they don’t get this info.

As for the issue let’s take a look:

Can you send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox /Google Drive.

What kind of video card do you have installed? Can you possibly share a screenshot of your Device Manager -> Display Adapters section?

Thanks for helping!

Here is the screenshot of the device manager:

And, here’s the link to my logs:

Dan

and from this site:

Discontinued Windows support

NVIDIA has ceased Windows driver support for Nvidia ION series on April 1 2016.

• Windows XP 32-bit & Media Center Edition: version 340.52 (WHQL) released on July 29, 2014;
  • Windows XP 64-bit: version 340.52 (WHQL) released on July 29, 2014;
  • Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 32-bit: version 342.01 (WHQL) released on December 14, 2016;
  • Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 64-bit: version 342.01 (WHQL) released on December 14, 2016;
  • Windows 10, 32-bit: version 342.01 (WHQL) released on December 14, 2016;
  • Windows 10, 64-bit: version 342.01 (WHQL) released on December 14, 2016;

@Dan_Long, I think you need to update the .NET Framework on your computer. The latest version should be available here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download

The download labelled “.NET Framework Runtime” is the thing you want.

1 Like

Keep in mind that Windows 7 isn’t supported unless you’re paying for extended support. Extended support ends in January.

You should look at upgrading to Windows 10.

The problem was solved with Allan’s suggestion of updating .Net to version 4.8. Works great now and runs much faster than 1.6!

Thank you Roon for the great support even on a holiday weekend!

Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.