1. 7537 Forced full screen mode on Android is annoying

Samsung often uses different hardware in the same model (based on market and/or features). Maybe affected users can share their model no. (like SM-T810 for my Galaxy Tab S2)?

I already tried that, but unfortunately no success.

Hi

@danny: I got the navigation bar back adjusting the zoom setting on the S5e and bringing it down to the lowest possible (i.e. one step down from before, which was default as far as I know). Font size is default. Looks fine. Thanks for pointing to that setting.

@BlackJack: The model number of my Samsung Tab S5e is SM-T720.

Marc

On my Samsung S5e Tablet (SM-T720) running Android 9, I can either choose between a Navigation bar or Gestures. This tablet has no physcal (home) buttons, just the usual on/off plus volume up/down buttons.
When using the Roon Remote app, both of the above options require a swyping gesture from the bottom of the screen upwards, causing me to sometimes fast forward within a track or even skip a track. Let’s put it like this: I’m not amused, but I can perhaps live with it, if and when I get used to it.

By the way: Does anyone else experience the sometimes disappearance of the Now Playing screen? I initially thought that might be related to the scaling problem…

Samsung S5e Android 9. No effect playing with screen zoom.

grafik

Is this possible for you? Does it help?

@Hans_Valeton @James_Borders1
Did you try - after changing/minimising the zoom settings - to click on the fullscreen icon to get out of fullscreen? So the icon in the upper right corner of the navigation menu. That was the last step I needed to get the navigation bar back.

EDIT: @BlackJack showed it just now

Well, yes, that works! But it’s a bit of an ugly workaround, because this means I have to live with rather tiny symbols on the screen, always.

I agree, @Hans_Valeton it’s not a real solution.

EDIT: you might try an alternative launcher which enables you to play around with icon size, grid etc. I use Nova Launcher for that. I know, another workaround, it shouldn’t be necessary…

Did not work for me. My solution is to swipe from the top of the display to bring up the navigation icons, and not accidentally fast forward the current song.

James

Same problem here, with a Samsung Tab S5e, same only solution, swipe at the bottom and pray that there won’t be a fast forward… :thinking:

Yes on my OnePlus 5 phone it happens when app brought back from background.