1.8/764 Android Annoyance: Squirrely 2D Scrolling in Now Playing Screens

Nucleus+ running Roon 1.8/764
Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T813 running Android 7.0 is used as a control device and talks to Roon wirelessy over an Asus RT-N66U router
Playback device is a Benchmark DAC 3b connected to the the Nucleus plus over Cat6 via a Trendnet TEG-S51SFP switch.

The 2D scrolling introduced with 1.8 into the Now Playing information screens (Lyrics, Artist Bio, etc) is extremely hard to control if you’re trying to scroll vertically:

1. The slightest hint of lateral motion will flip the screen over to the next available tab on the left or right.
  2. The screen will often pop to the top of the text before popping back down on release to the location you wanted to scroll to.

Hey @WillK,

Thanks a whole lot for sharing feedback about Roon 1.8 on your device. Has this behavior been consistent or intermittent? Are you still running into it after updating to build 778?

Thanks in advance :pray:

PS: I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:

Hi @beka,

The problem has been consistent pre-778. Unfortunately, I have an audio system issue now I don’t expect to have resolved until Friday, so I’ll get back to you on 778 behavior then & my reply will be delayed too. :wink:

Hi @beka,

I’ve now had a chance to try out 778 on Android and the problem remains the same. Basically, horizontally scrolling between the tabs of the Now Playing screens requires just a slight touch rather than a positive swipe. The consequence is that any attempt to scroll vertically up or down containing even a hint of lateral motion will flip to the next tab over.

Thanks for following up on this!

Hey @WillK,

That’s so kind, to mirror my lateness with yours :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . Thank you!

Thanks for staying in touch and sharing all the details. One last question, does this screen “sensitivity” happen in any other app?

I’ve also moved this thread into our technical team’s queue, so they can continue to help :slight_smile:

Hi @beka,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Re: behavior of other apps - No. I regularly use that tablet for reading a news magazine that also features 2D scrolling and don’t have the same problem with being able to scroll vertically through the article I’m reading without inadvertently flipping backward/forward to the previous/next article.

Best regards,

Hey @WillK,

Thanks a whole lot for confirming this. It’ll be most helpful.

We’ll be looking into it :slight_smile:

Hey @WillK,

I wanted to follow up and thank you for sharing all the details that you have to help our team. They are aware of this thread and all the information - should a fix be released, it will be mentioned in our Software Release Notes.

Thanks a whole lot for letting us know :slight_smile:

Thanks very much for the followup. I appreciate it and will be watching those release notes.

Best regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.