1.8 (831) unstable work with Tidal

After upgrading to 1.8 (831), the work with Tidal is not stable. At the beginning, albums are loaded for a long time and bookmarks are opened for a long time. After some time, the work is restored. Next time also.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

Hey @Iurii_Klinkov,

Thanks for letting us know of your experience right after updating Roon. We’re sorry about the trouble and we’d love to help.

Could you please let us know if this is still an issue and, if so, share details about your setup just as @Carl has suggested (thx! :pray:)?

1 Like

Good afternoon!
Can I describe my configuration with photos?

Just something that comes to mind; how does Roon and streaming services react to double NAT?!
It seems that the provider Iurii is connected to uses NAT for their customers while Iurii connects with a router that also uses NAT.

1. will changing the provider help? 2. before the update, this problem either did not exist or was, but not explicitly expressed

Hi Iurii,
It is more of an observation that Roon support can answer.

1. Changing ISP is probably not the way to go at this moment. You can ask your ISP if they can give a public IP address, some do that when asked.
  2. Check if you have problems with other services from your network, it might not be a Roon exclusive.

Set a white ip. It works better, but some albums from tidal don’t open on the first try. I will explore more

I wrote above that the public address is set

Hello @Iurii_Klinkov ,

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let us know if it helps?
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1712/

Unfortunately, I am away until October 20

1 Like