Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Version 1.8 (build 880) stable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router:
Linksys EA9500 - 1.1.8.204089

Music Storage:
Synology DS418 Play NAS
Version: DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

Note: I will not update to DSM 7 - a service won’t work if I do)

Cat 6 cabling throughout

WiFi for Macbook

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50 W

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Updated R.O.C.K and Mac OS remote today to 880 and noticed the update modified cover art choices I’ve made throughout the years. I’ve counted about 100 so far. Most are not official cover art AND some albums after update and scan are incorrect (previously correct).

Troubleshooting steps so far:

Edit album > selected the cover art I had added a long time ago > new cover art that Roon changed is still showing

On NAS: deleted 2 albums from NAS storage > cleared cache > emptied trash

In Roon: Settings > manual storage scan > Library > Clean up Library > selected the top option (to clear 22 track)s > Clean Up Library

Albums (and the wrong cover art persist although tracks are of course not playable)

Returned to Roon Settings > Library > Clean Up Library > 22 files still appearing (these were clearly not removed during clean up process).

Rebooted NAS & R.O.C.K but same issue persists.

Also: Many of these same albums have metadata changes. For example, I’ve gone into edit the album and the album choice is now incorrect. I guess I need to go in and correct every SINGLE ALBUM AGAIN.

Note: I realize Roon’s product managers have decided that Roon knows best regarding cover art and that a paying user doesn’t really need to make cover art choices but this is one of the main reasons I have loved Roon.

VERY FRUSTRATED AND I REGRET UPDATING!!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if mine is as bad as yours but many artists changed and some that did have Roon images before do not now. The Clash and Crowded House are now missing. I will give it time. It did say the database was updating and maybe it is doing many new images. Some of my custom images are gone and others still exist.

The Clash works for me and is showing same image as it did before the update. I have never changed from the default one perhaps thats why?

Hey @thomas_becker, can you share a screenshot of your metadata preferences in Import Settings? You can find them in Settings > Library > Import Settings.

We didn’t have any luck reproducing your issue by editing cover art on an old build and taking the update, so it sounds like something else might be happening here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.