1.8 B778: Roon doesn't consistently identify albums as part of the library

Any recognition or confirmation from Roon team on this yet? Pretty massive problem when albums that you’ve carefully selected and sorted over the years just go missing from your library and you can’t even feel confident about what you have.

On this thread here there’s still no reaction. To me it happens quite frequently that while looking at the discography of an artist I decide to add a certain album to my library, only to discover that this doesn’t work as the album has already been added previously. And, attempting to add an album which is already part of the library, Roon doesn’t even give a message, but there’s an eternal spinning wheel , until I decide that there must be some kind of error.

1 Like

I agree with this bug. For example for Thelonious Monk only his appearances are displayed but not his own albums! Please make something for it

1 Like

Can we go back to 1.7? Does anyone know a work around?

I have found none. This thread is one week old and has been happily ignored by Roon @support

1 Like

Support responded in this thread. New Bug in 1.8 - 778: Artist Appearances no longer show on artist page and discography [Ticket In] - #54 by bbrip
I’m not sure if that’s the same problem or not (seems related), but a fix for this can’t come fast enough. Roon not knowing what albums are in my library doesn’t amount to a confident browsing and listening experience at all. Super messy and yet another problem that compromises the Roon experience for me. I’ll be really happy when 1.8 can finally perform the simple task of cataloging albums and shuffling playback (fixed) properly.

no, this one is yet a little different. Should definitely alse be looked into.

1 Like

So build 783 does not appear to fix this problem. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and others still show just a handful of albums in my library even though they ARE in my library. How could this possibly not have been addressed in the 783 update? Has this even yet been acknowledged? Roon is fundamentally broken if it cannot identify albums that are in my library as being in my library. Plain and simple. Many users are suffering from this problem, even if they don’t know it. 1.8 has been fundamentally broken AFAIC since day one and it’s frankly difficult to not be frustrated, as much as I love Roon.

@support can you please give us an update on this? Many albums that I have carefully selected for my library are not in my library according to Roon.

Well, my recent @support threads have all been ignored. There’s been no reply, no acknowledgement, no nothing. I tried to illustrate my bug report with screenshots, make it clear. But not even so… One wonders why this is so. If one is possibly marked by Roon as user without merit, as an obnoxious meddler… I don’t know. What I do know though is that I also am beginning to feel a profound disenchantment. I already feel that there’s very little motivation left to continue on this forum.

1 Like

It’s disappointing to say the least. I am such a supporter of Roon. I tell everyone that might be interested how great it is, how it’s the future. Yearly subscription, etc. But how could I possibly recommend it at this point? Its fundamental purpose is library management and playback…both of which have been broken in one way or another since 1.8 was released. My wife keeps asking me why I keep up with this thing that apparently frustrates me so much and “always has something new wrong with it”. My rebuttals have been reduced to annoyed grunts at this point, because I no longer have a good answer…

1 Like

Thank you by the way for your clear description and screenshots of the problem in an attempt to get the ball rolling.

I just looked at Thelonius Monk and apparently it thinks I have only one album in my library. Wow, glad I spent all that time carefully curating Monk’s discography into my library…sigh.

The problems identifying what is in a user’s library and what not are still happily living on… :poop: :poop: :poop:

1 Like

hello @support. Massive bug here in Roon’s fundamental core functionality. Is there some reason this is not being acknowledged? It’s been nearly 10 days now…

Trying to be helpful and to make a constructive report on what to me seems a bug got me nowhere. No response at all. Pointing this out on another thread got me being name-called a “Negative Nancy”. Go figure!

1 Like

Very disappointing. All that needed to be said was:

“Yeah wow that sucks. Totally see how that is a problem. Rest assured we’re on it and will communicate timing for a fix as soon as possible. Sorry for not addressing this sooner and we appreciate your kind patience.”

Simply done and highly effective.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

You have our apologies for the delayed response on this one. I just wanted to confirm that this is something that our team is actively looking into, and we’ll be sure to keep everyone up to date when we have more information to share. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on this!

1 Like

Hi Dylan, I came home yesterday afternoon from a trip and updated core and remotes with the most recent build 783… Today I checked several albums and artists, including the one I used as example in this thread. I now see all albums correctly identified and marked as being part of my library, both where a given artist is credited as main artist and on the appearances section. I tried with albums added today as well as with albums added to the library last week, and in both cases Roon behaves as I expect it should.

So it seems as if this problem had been resolved with the last update. If I should stumble again upon misidentified albums, I’ll post here and let you know.

Thank you.

1 Like

@dylan @support I’m running 783 and still seeing this problem. Miles Davis and John Coltrane are easy examples. Almost none of their albums show up in my library but I have many of them in the library.

In this shot you’ll see no “Four and More’” or “Sketches of Spain” in my library. Only shows a total of nine albums but I have more than 20.

But as you clearly see…the albums are in my library:

This one from Qobuz:

This one from local library:

Also from local library:

What is happening here? I’d really like to get this sorted. Thanks!

1 Like

Brandon, I don’t know what’s going on. I suspect that there are several different problems conflated in our diverse reports about library items missing or not being identified as such.

As to my example from the first post on this thread, just look as how the albums where Gunar Letzbor is credited with ‘Appearance’ now are correctly marked as being part of my library. This two weeks ago was not the case:

Other than that, I still see circumstances where albums are not being correctly shown as being part of the library. One is the following: If I browse an artist’s or composer’s discography and select one of the albums and decide to add it to my library, and then browse back to the discography screen, the newly added album is NOT marked as part of the library. The discography view is probably just cached and doesn’t reload from the database. But - if I click again on the newly added album, on the corresponding album page the album also is NOT shown as having been added to the library. I can try and add it again… with the eternally spinning wheel and no error message.

This is certainly not a big deal, but it’s one of those detail that make a software appear as really polished and great.

1 Like