1.8 B778: Roon doesn't consistently identify albums as part of the library

Hi everyone,

You have our apologies for the delayed response on this one. I just wanted to confirm that this is something that our team is actively looking into, and we’ll be sure to keep everyone up to date when we have more information to share. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on this!

1 Like

Hi Dylan, I came home yesterday afternoon from a trip and updated core and remotes with the most recent build 783… Today I checked several albums and artists, including the one I used as example in this thread. I now see all albums correctly identified and marked as being part of my library, both where a given artist is credited as main artist and on the appearances section. I tried with albums added today as well as with albums added to the library last week, and in both cases Roon behaves as I expect it should.

So it seems as if this problem had been resolved with the last update. If I should stumble again upon misidentified albums, I’ll post here and let you know.

Thank you.

1 Like

@dylan @support I’m running 783 and still seeing this problem. Miles Davis and John Coltrane are easy examples. Almost none of their albums show up in my library but I have many of them in the library.

In this shot you’ll see no “Four and More’” or “Sketches of Spain” in my library. Only shows a total of nine albums but I have more than 20.

But as you clearly see…the albums are in my library:

This one from Qobuz:

This one from local library:

Also from local library:

What is happening here? I’d really like to get this sorted. Thanks!

1 Like

Brandon, I don’t know what’s going on. I suspect that there are several different problems conflated in our diverse reports about library items missing or not being identified as such.

As to my example from the first post on this thread, just look as how the albums where Gunar Letzbor is credited with ‘Appearance’ now are correctly marked as being part of my library. This two weeks ago was not the case:

Other than that, I still see circumstances where albums are not being correctly shown as being part of the library. One is the following: If I browse an artist’s or composer’s discography and select one of the albums and decide to add it to my library, and then browse back to the discography screen, the newly added album is NOT marked as part of the library. The discography view is probably just cached and doesn’t reload from the database. But - if I click again on the newly added album, on the corresponding album page the album also is NOT shown as having been added to the library. I can try and add it again… with the eternally spinning wheel and no error message.

This is certainly not a big deal, but it’s one of those detail that make a software appear as really polished and great.

1 Like

Thanks @Andreas_Philipp1. Aside from the problem outlined above, I too am getting the eternally spinning wheel sometimes when adding albums from Qobuz or Tidal. Sometimes if I try again (or again) it will work

1 Like

@dylan @support

Is there any update here? Roon is horribly broken for me and others. Have you guys managed to reproduce this problem? Is there any fix on the horizon? It’s been a number of weeks now since 783 and I really hate to harp on about this or berate anyone but I’m paying for the service and it hasn’t worked properly for months and I’m having a very hard time not feeling rather negative about Roon at the moment. I’ve invested a lot of time and money and the fact that this has been (and remains) so broken is rather disappointing. Nobody has even reached out to ask me for any information, nor commented on any specific aspect of the problem. I trusted you guys enough to pay for a year upfront and I’m frankly regretting that decision. I doubt very much this is how you want your customers to feel, so I’m letting you know.

Can I please get some kind of assurance or timeline or sense of priority or something?

Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

The sad irony of the web page example being Kind of Blue is almost too much for me to bear…

2 Likes

This issue:

seems to be caused by the same problem. At least Roon is aware of it.

2 Likes

Ah yes it seems it’s perhaps the same and Roon folk are addressing the issue over there. I guess I can stop screaming into the wind here and join the party over there in the other thread and hopefully be constructive in getting this resolved. I appreciate the heads-up.

1 Like
1 Like