1.8 BUG: Movements of composition no longer indented

Sorry Brian, no sale. A three-character indentation is not going to squish up the screen. And the bolding is so subtle as to be easily overlooked.

4 Likes

I think we definitely in need for completely different layouts for phones, portrait, and usual big landscape screens. not any reason to see crampedly optimized for phones with SO MUCH WASTED space - on my big screen

2 Likes

At the risk of being slightly off-topic, I’d like to point out that the “play” icon next to the work title doesn’t do what you’d intuitively expect: it doesn’t play the work, but the entire album from that point forward. But if you click on the title instead, you get a popup with play options (Play Now, Add next, etc.) which do operate over that work only.

This is not new behavior, though. It was like this in previous versions too.

@dylan, not to bothered to rename the title to „Feedback“ as long as it gets fixed. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Just because it was intentional does not mean it was not a mistake. I am not a big Classical listener and the first time I saw this it bothered the heck out of me. The bold text and composition indicator are bandaids that make you guys feel better about the decision but are not intuitive. No, not at all. This compromises the general user experience.

5 Likes

Another vote to undo this change and restore the indentation. One of the first things I noticed about 1.8 and it continues to annoy.

4 Likes

Same here on my iPad. I have to look very carefully to see it. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

+1.
Please, restore indentation, however small. The new left margin alignment considerably reduces readability.

6 Likes

@brian How has your / Roon‘s thinking developed on this one over the past four weeks?

I still strongly believe this is in need of fixing! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing. This is resolved.