1.8 BUG: Roon always jumps back to first page after selecting an Album in "My Albums" [Ticket In]

same issue here…

This isn’t new. It’s been like this for years. Most annoying.

:+1:
and not even in 764
also… one wonders how beta-testers could have missed this one! :roll_eyes:

I wonder about a lot of things. This is by far not the only major issue.

1 Like

Happens with the Genres page as well

Not checked that one as I really only have one Main Genre and a bit of Jazz and Pop, so not much to scroll :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks as if Roon has updated some Cloud service here. I am seeing this suddenly works for Albums, Artists and Composers.

@Ivan, can you confirm that this is fixed now. That would be great !! :+1:

UPDATE
It seems to work when using the drop-down focus filter. But once saving a filtered selection as a Bookmark for later use, that bookmark is falling back into the old habit and jumping to the top…

So, only a partial fix for now :grimacing:

@support

Just thought I’d add my 2 cents on this. I can make it happen and make it not happen every time when I do the following.

It happens on mac os and ipad os with Roon 1.8 (764). Not sure about other OS’s. Doesn’t appear to happen on the iphone app.

Create a bookmark from something that used the Focus feature. If you create a bookmark using a Filter it won’t happen. As soon as you add then remove the Filter feature at any time the scroll to top is happening, it seems to stop happening.

1. Click bookmark.
  2. Scroll down a bunch of albums.
  3. Click an album.
  4. Click back.
  5. It goes to the top of the page.

Now, do exactly the same but select a filter. Say filter “a”. Then delete the filter. Problem is gone.

1. Click bookmark.
  2. Click Filter and fill in anything.
  3. Delete the filter.
  4. Scroll down a bunch of albums.
  5. Click an album.
  6. Click back.
  7. All is good.
6 Likes

@ffk I have no idea how you found this out but I can confirm it works 100% reliable. Would give you 10 hearts if I could! Such a strange workaround :smile:

1 Like

Ya he got my heart as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but its not really practicable. It just needs fixing.

2 Likes

Glad I could help.

Just another day with Roon 1.8 and the voices in my head.

@ivan, as far as I can tell, nothing has been fixed on this nagging issue with 778. Whats the status here?

Thanks

hhhhmmmm… it was fixed here :no_mouth:

Also on bookmarks? It seems to work for “on-the-fly” filters, But bookmarks containing filters keep jumping back to the first page…

Maybe I need to re-create all those bookmarks? I’ll play with it…

No luck. Also newly created bookmarks on artists page containing a filter jump back to the first page.

I see two use cases where it still jumps back… one is when using bookmarks to select albums, the other is on the ‘Recent activity - More’ pages… when scrolling down in these lists and selecting an album, clicking ‘Back’ will bring you to the beginning of the list. At least in this last case there are only a max of 100 albums listed…

right: only works on unfiltered “My Albums” :rage:

@support

ok, good that I dont seem to be the only one here. :grimacing:

To be precise, it works when using focus or tags to select a subset of ‘My Library’. It doesn’t work when you create a bookmark for such a subset and later select the subset using this bookmark.

2 Likes

I usually use ‘on the fly’ drill-down by tags and focus to select albums, and for this use case it has been fixed. I don’t create bookmarks, but can see that for those who do, the problem still remains present. I think to be helpful we must describe precisely in which cases we still observe erroneous behavior, hoping that it may be fixed in a future release.

right!

this, though, makes me wonder if bookmarks are static or dinamic
I mean… is new stuff that meets an existing bookmark’s criteria added or not? :no_mouth:

wondering as… “date added” creates a fixed date, not a dinamic one :rage: