1.8 Build 903 Qobuz and Tidal albums get stuck loading sporadically from Qobuz and Tidal Menu only

Roon Core Machine

Sonic Transporter I5 2.8 Running Roon 1.8 build 903

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon Quantum 3100 (wireless turned off) IPv4
Orbi for Wifi only

Connected Audio Devices

USB Sotm SMS 200 Neo Auralic Vega Dac and SMS 200 Ultra Neo Benchmark HGC Dac
Hard wired to Orbi satellites
Remotes Apple Mac book 2022 14 pro build 904
Iphone 13 Pro and Ipad Pro 2021

Number of Tracks in Library

28558 Tracks

Description of Issue

If you go to the browse and Click on Tidal or Qobuz ( I have both subscriptions ) since the update to 1.8 903 and remote change to 904 two days ago sometimes albums get stuck loading. If you go My library it does not have this problem for my files or Qobuz and Tidal. It is only when loading from the Tidal and Qobuz Browse tab Home pages. I first thought my database could have been corrupted so I built a new one. There is not issue with any of my files from my SSD attached to the Sonic Transporter. If you click on the Qobuz or Tidal albums from Albums this does not happen. I tired deactivating Tidal and Qobuz to see if it was an issue because I have two services. When I have only Qobuz activated by itself the problem still happens. When I have Tidal activated by itself the problem still happens. If you use the back button and then click on the album again it will sometimes load.

I also tried using Google DNS servers to see if that would help and it did not. I have Fios 1gig internet so it is not about band with. This seems to be an integration issue with Roon caused by the 1.8 903 update.

This did not happen before and is very annoying. Please get the new update out and fix this. Thank you.

I figured out what the problem was wit this and why everyone must not being having the same issue. It is about the 904 Build release for MAC. It updated on my macbook pro 14 when this all started happening. I removed it. My Ipad and Iphone are functioning well on build 903. When Build 904 is introduced on the Mac everything gets messed up. Unless you are running a mac as one of your remotes you would not notice this issue.

I put in a support request to Roon to fix the conflict between the 904 build Mac and the 903 remotes ipad and iphone.

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.