1.8 can no longer add multiple tags?

The check boxes have gone so I do not see how to add multiple tags or check what tags you already have when tagging. Also playlist and tag info has disappeared from individual tracks.

I love the styling and the new Focus, but please bring these back!

13 Likes

Agreed, this is critical. I’ve spent a long time tagging notable versions of various live tracks. There are hundreds of these songs tagged. The good news is you can still get to them via the tags themselves. The bad news is when you view an album with songs that have been tagged, they don’t show up there.

6 Likes

The little add tag button next to the current tags is also gone. I’d like to see that come back. You need to click the three dots /burger in order to find the Add to Tag option

1 Like

You can have multiple tags. Just add the tag to an album by selecting the album, then … , then add tag.
I agree that having the check boxes next to the tag names was helpful. I just tried and I was able to second tag to an album. What it’s really convoluted is to remove a tag from an album. It used to be so simple.

2 Likes

Looks like you can still add multiple tags by clicking the “…” button → “Add to tag”, from there you can add additional tags or new tags.

Hope that helps!

25 years or so software engineer here. You have no idea how simple it was in the beginning! (no joke).

I agree with this complaint about tagging an album in 1.8. It was much more straight forward previously. I still haven’t figured out how to remove a tag once it is assigned to an album!

1 Like

Looking at the album, with all the tracks , you will find all the associated tags undrr the album cover.
Point and hold thr tag you want to remove . After about 2 seconds, the message ´remove tag’ appears. Click on that and your tag is in heaven
Dirk

Well that’s the way it worked in 1.7 too, but in 1.8 that method does not work on my iMac. I click and hold but no message pops up. @support @dylan

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to be working for me…

2 Likes

Does not seem to work here either.

1 Like

@support So where are the tags for each track shown? Can’t see them anywhere?

The touching/clicking the tag to remove doesn’t work (that’s how it was in 1.7).
The way I found to remove a tag is to select the tag (it will show all the albums with that tag). Select the album that you want to untag (select by touching/pointing and holding) then in the top of the screen, select …, and remove from tag.

1 Like

Ok, that works, thanks. But that backward method cannot possibly be seen as an improvement over the older method where tags could be removed from a given album rather than removing an album from the tag!

1 Like

I do miss the check box tagging but I can make this work.

1 Like

I apolagize, I assumed it was still working as in 1.7 but I did not verify.

Thanks for this workaround, but this seems not to work on my smartphone.

In any case, I would love to see the hold and click process to be restored.

Dirk

1 Like

The removal of the checkbox approach to tagging is a shame :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

When viewing an album, you used to be able to see tags applied to specific tracks within the album. Now the tags are only at the top. So if my library has 75 live versions of a particular track, and I’ve tagged say a dozen of them as “notable”. In 1.7, whenever I pulled up any album, i could see right away if this show included any “notable” performances. This has been HUGELY helpful in managing the library. Really really hoping this comes back.

1 Like

Thanks for this workaround but this cannot be the last word here.
I need a method to add and change tags without leaving the album I currently have in Fokus. The 1.7 solution was perfekt. This is a nightmare

3 Likes

I agree, adding and removing tags as been made immensely more complicated. Need the ability to enter multiple tags without selecting “add a tag” for each entry. Previously deleting a tag was very simply and fast.

3 Likes