1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

Yeah for sure… just during this period of geeking out on my gear and tech setup (which also led me to Roon), it’s a phase… I’ll get back to my favorite over-compressed, poor quality masters from my fave 80s bands soon enough! LOL

3 Likes

Live is too short to drink bad wine or to listen to music you don’t like.

The dilemma: first you have to listen to it to decide you don’t like it.

3 Likes

There are so many comments I fear mine will be lost/wasted but FWIW, I will add my $.02 to the discussion.

1. As an audiophile, I prize good sound. That’s been my goal in putting my audio system together and it is disheartening to learn (and hear) a downgrade in quality between music played in my CD player and the same music streamed, this in spite of separating my music file in the Roon Nucleus from the computer and adding several gadgets designed to improve digital sound. So I would very much like to have Roon make an effort to equal CD quality sound.
  2. Roon Editor - An option to allow user edits to update user music files.
    Also, improve functionality and make the editor the equal of outside editors.
  3. An option to click or touch a letter from A to Z to more quickly get to desired music.
  4. An arrow option to click or touch to progress through pages.
  5. An option to attach notes to albums or artists.
    6.am option to edit album photos from tablet Photo Album
1 Like

+1 :slight_smile: - sounds familiar!

1 Like

+1 on this!

1 Like

Yes please, we have a mix of IOS devices and Android devices. The Android Tablet almost daily loses the Roon core connection, solution: 1/ flight mode, 2/ tablet restart and or 3/ combined with NUC restart are necessary to reconnect, a pain… :smirk:

So being willing to anticipate at least five years of subscription revenue without even knowing if Roon will be around by then is “no gain” now?

Years ago, there were requests for IFTTT integration, which kind of died. Even basic play and pause functionality would be helpful…

1 Like

For ‘top tracks’ of artists to FINALLY be fixed.

There has been an ongoing thread about this with countless people pretty much saying ‘wait really?? Roon doesn’t have this super basic feature??’ and no response from roon for over a year.

I really hope this update fixes it…

1 Like

I would like to see a “pause after current track” option.

I normally listen albums start to finish, but on the rare occasion I have to pause midway I always try to pause exactly between two songs.

I almost always fail :innocent:

3 Likes

Agreed but until Roon implements it there is this.

Roon Extension: Queue Bot v0.2.1 (track 2: Standby) - Tinkering / Roon API - Roon Labs Community

How to give this 10 Likes?? I absolutely hate it having to stop or pause in the middle of a track, and far too often I have to babysit Roon until the end of the current track to pause it…

Or have a fade down pause so as not to rudely interrupt the music

Chrome display properly configuring artist photos and not chopping off most of their heads!

I hope it comes out today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(3 char, for the win)

A mini player
Remote player access (out of home)

The main releases are probably based off of when Apple and other app stores are done with their approval of the apps for the devices. If an app gets held up in the approval stage and roon sends out a new server there will be a problem connecting old apps to the new servers.

I’d like it even better if you wouldn’t have to click on it, but hover over the loudspeaker symbol and two-finger up/down or left/right. Take a look at Sonos

I would like it just to download itself and install so I can have music after a 48 hour absence. :frowning: