1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

It is already possible to play multichannel. I have a Denon AVR connected via HDMI to my NUC and it plays the rare multichannel tracks on Qobuz perfectly.

I use Pure Vinyl to play two channel music to a 4 channel DAC. 2 channels to a Sub and 2 channels to a time delayed main channel. To align the sub with the mains. I have Fab Filter AU plug ins to Room Correct and blend the sub.

John Darko has amazing communication skill and has good knowledge in audio technology but the issue is every ingle equipment you see in his videos are paid ads. So for non experienced audience, this can give wrong impressions. Take his knowledge but do not take it for granted that what he uses is better than any other products. His room is hi recording studio.

Ironically I wouldnā€™t use the on the go feature, I was just explaining to @ricgf what it was.

Itā€™s been available with JRiver for years and I never used it.

SA data costs are simply too high to make it attractive, I use my old iPod Classic 160 in the car

I didnā€™t need his opinion, I already knew as I own both! For best sound Audirvana and for easy operation Roon.

1 Like

John Darko is a pedantic, sold-out industry shill and everyone knows this. He also refuses dialog and debate as he has closed his comment sections on his articles and videos. Watch and read John Darko if you enjoy peeping into the life of a neurotic audio-narcissist. Itā€™s a free world.

8 Likes

I imagine so.

Darkoā€™s website is a visual nightmare, and one has no idea what is real analysis and what is marketing - even ad blockers canā€™t cope with that disaster. I have visited it a few times in order to read some equipment reviews, but quickly gave up after seeing how useless the whole thing was.

4 Likes

Ricardo I generally only visit Darko articles when the come into my Google feed, for the same reasons and I still have issues with the site, but it is a good read, just so heavy on mobile.

Mike

230 replies in 4 days? I think the Roon team must be swamped with these sort of threads, of which there are many! I wonā€™t repeat my wishes for the nā€™th time and will wait until it comes, but might be tempted to contribute to the 2.0 wishlist thread :joy:

They must have given up reading days ago, itā€™s not going to influence 1.8 , I am amazed people think it will. In the same way requests here will be ignored because they are not in the Feature Request section, itā€™s pointless commenting any more

Despair ā€¦

I like his video editing without the sound. His voice makes me cringe with horror and clearly he is just shilling up to the manufacturers. He is exactly the same as the YouTube entertainer guy ā€œSteve Guttenbergā€. You watch him once for the comedy and then you never go back.

Perfectly accurate description. He has his fans, which says a lot about such fansā€¦

I wish Roon can built in a benchmark that show how fast the core can do the upsampling / DSP and network bandwidth between bridge or Roon Ready device so we can tweak the machine and settings, upgrading new network devices and CPU to meet individual playback needs.

1 Like

Some kind of Sync between playlist from streaming services and the Roon library. When Iā€™m home I listen to Roon for the sublime audio quality and connectivity, but on the road I use Tidal because Roon Mobile is not a thing yet. Sync between playlists would make it so much easier to build up playlist for everywhere.

2 Likes
  1. Finding albums rated by me/user so that I/we can see which albums I/we have manually rated and then give them a listen. Otherwise the self rating feature is useless I think. Atm, there is no sorting feature which allows albums with user ratings to be filtered from the Roon rated albums. Not very useful for someone having thousands of albums or more.

2. Sort playlists by date added

3. Search Qobuz and Tidal databases via Record Label

4. Further improvements in metadata and sq (not that Iā€™m crying right now)

5. Updating Valence for cultural and regional songs category. Basically Indian music such as Indian Classical, Indian Folk etc.

6. Saving over bookmarks rather than deleting an existing one and creating a new one again

1 Like

Loudness function, like in JRiver

I filled up a few iPod classics years ago. The streaming option works far better as I can just stream files from my home network to my iPhone. Over 280K songs so JRemote is quite wonderful for that!

~Has anybody mentioned box sets?

You read my mind , answer yes right at the top !