1.8 Where is the ABC

Where is the ABC that takes me to the letter I choose in an album or artist title?

It’s not there any more. If you using a tablet, you can scroll your albums or artists on the right hand side and the relevant letters will pop up to guide you, or if you are on a computer you can do the same or simply type the initial letters of what you are looking for.

You can start typing the name and it will take you to the artist or album "“LED” etc.

Not on tablet/phone. Tablet had the ABC bar in 1.7, gone now. Typing enters the characters into the filter, which is not a valid replacement

Use the drag down bar on the right side of your screen. You may need to touch the screen first for it to appear.

NOT a replacement, as discussed in the linked thread.

1. Is much slower
  2. Is less precise than the ABC because, like the desktop keyboard, the ABC let you jump directly to, e.g. Dy, not just D

I agree. I mostly use a laptop, so typing the destination works better than Roon 1.7.

How so? It works the same in 1.7 and 1.8 on the desktop version as far as I can tell: You type without selecting anything, a pop-up appears and it takes you to the album or artist starting with the typed letters, e.g. B or DY or SON or SWAN.

The problem here is that the equivalent ABC selector existed on the tablet in 1.7 but was removed in 1.8

Maybe because I did not know you could do that with Roon 1.7. I always went to the bottom of the screen to find the letter. Ignorance is bliss.

:+1: :slight_smile:

/10chars